• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

NO WAY...... HOSAAY!

sugga

Well lovies, the service manager rang me back this morning and told me that the 3 dates i had been given where only provisional dates.

She said that even if i had been sent a letter confirming the wls it could still be cancelled on the morning if there isnt a bed.

Iv just got to wait im afraid.

Good job i didnt bank on it being good news and i have my focussed head on isnt it? haha.

Oh well, how we are supposed to live our lives like this God only knows.

I will ring the sec back at the end of the month as arranged and see what she says then, but in a nutshell even when i do get a date its still only going to be provisional right up until im laid on that bed with the injection in my hand....charming! xxxx

not good isit! - they got ya by the short n curlies ant they! its ridiculous

It's frustrating not being able to forward plan... they would have to give you notice for the pre op I imagine, so I hope that now you have made some phone calls, they'll process your admission... the sooner the better.

Thinking of you and keep plodding love, it's going to happen.

Love and hugs xxx

hoping you get your date soon sugga and they dont cancel it again, i rung my hospital up the other day just to make sure i am actually on the list as i wasnt convinced and they said - usually 5-6 months wait but longer at the minute because of the breech, so i asked what that meant and she said because of the people cuming in with swine flu - they need the beds.
its only gunna get worse i recon too coz i caught a story on the news yesterday about surgeons over time costing the nhs too much, so if the surgeons cant do over time the waiting lists are just gunna get longer arnt they.

Really sorry you are getting to much trouble with a final date. I know that it's really hard to keep going, but if you do you know you will get a date, and I would be very surprised if they mucked you about again, you really have something to aim for and an end in sight.

I have had to accept waiting till April/May when I expected to go in next month, but I am keeping the wls as my big target and just taking little steps that I can until I get there.

Guess that's all any of us can do. You are doing well and already starting to lose weight, and any weight you lose will make your surgery that bit easier for you (at least so I was told yesterday!)

You are so right Jane, to be honest though i have lost all trust in them. So even when i receive a letter that is still not gospel that i will have the op....they might as well leave me and knock on my door one morning and say "come with us you are having your op today" haha. Its a joke xxx

I know you will be disappointed - but all waiting list ops are subject to there being a bed available aren't they?
I had to go to a gynae ward to wait for my second knee replacement because there was no ortho bed available for me.
Every op I've had I've had to check if there was a bed available and have been sent home even when on the ward when there wasn't one.
Sounds like the person on the other end of the phone could have dealt with you better though.
They do say a squeaky gate gets oiled first - so keep enquiring though equally I've heard that phoning up just annoys the hospital staff.
Can't do right for doing wrong eh!!

Your turn will come -

xxx

I can't believe their attitude. it's appalling. I think they're breaking all sorts of rules. Can you get in touch with your pct to see what they say? Or are you just too fed up to even bother?
I'm gutted for you. But your turn WILL come.
Hang on in there sweety.
Hugs, Grace xxx

It is really unfair IMO how they expect you to make plans etc and then at the last minute they can just cancel. I know they have to accomodate emergencies but surely theres a fairer way of doing things! XX

Oh blimey Sugga what a nightmare, why do almost all medical staff treat us like they are doing us a favour? Its just not good enough or fair to keep messing you about, I hope you get your op real soon.

Linski xxxx

Back