• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

No fill til Jan 10th BLEGH

top_kat

I had to cancel my fill a couple of weeks ago due to an injured knee. I didn't have very much restriction at all, but carried on . . .but now, I have less than nothing . . .and I can't get in to my provider until jan 10th . . .a whole 4 weeks away.

They only do aspirations next week due to coming up to Xmas. They don't do fills because of the holidays and if anyone needed help due to blockage or over fill they cannot help, same between Xmas and New year. No space on the Thurs 3rd and on the sat 12th which is the only saturday appointment they have (2nd sat of the month) they have no nurse attending. So . . I've got to wait until the 10th.

Wish I could pump up the band myself LOL it's made even harder by the fact that my knee injury which is still agony, has prevented me from going to the gym and although Im still walking, I am noticing a big drop in ways of losing, but also in how Im feeling.

I'm still around my 1000 cals, Im still limiting my carbs, and even if I manage to hang around the same weight I am now, I wont be too disappointed, but I'd hoped that I'd manage to get one in before Xmas when the hunger went through the roof . . .:(

Rubbish. :rolleyes:

Chin up chicks ... ;)
Look how far you have come ....
And the band is only our tool ... It's us girls who set the limits ad to what we eat !! And boy is that hard !
I know you have been through a lot but what doesn't kill ya makes ya stronger ....
And your one very strong lady to have achieved so much in such a short time .... Just remember the wait ya had in the first place for the band to be fitted and January won't seen so long away ;)

And it is the season to be jolly and maybe with a little less restriction we will enjoy Christmas more and be ready to roll in 2013 with a bang xxxx

Thanks for your reply . . .

I am aware that the band is our tool, and that it is us that sets the limits, hence why I eat set calories, protein and carbs and which has enabled me to lose the amount I have in the time I have and at the rate I do.

My post isn't about any of that, or that its not working or that I'm not able to set or stick to my limits . . .just a bit of a vent that I have to wait that long for a fill.

As yet, I've not experienced any real restriction and I feel personally that it was time that I was doing so, after all, that is the point of the band . . .I do limit what I eat, I count every calorie, every gram of protein and carbs and in doing so I've achieved a lot. I'm not saying the band isn't working or that I'm not achieving, just that its rubbish that I've got to wait so long for that next fill.

To be honest, I don't want to have less restriction to "enjoy" Christmas more, I was actually hoping that I would be enjoying not eating or feel like eating a great deal over the holidays and having some sort of restriction from the band at a time, when temptations are around for everyone else.

Thanks for your reply . . .

I am aware that the band is our tool, and that it is us that sets the limits, hence why I eat set calories, protein and carbs and which has enabled me to lose the amount I have in the time I have and at the rate I do.

My post isn't about any of that, or that its not working or that I'm not able to set or stick to my limits . . .just a bit of a vent that I have to wait that long for a fill.

As yet, I've not experienced any real restriction and I feel personally that it was time that I was doing so, after all, that is the point of the band . . .I do limit what I eat, I count every calorie, every gram of protein and carbs and in doing so I've achieved a lot. I'm not saying the band isn't working or that I'm not achieving, just that its rubbish that I've got to wait so long for that next fill.

To be honest, I don't want to have less restriction to "enjoy" Christmas more, I was actually hoping that I would be enjoying not eating or feel like eating a great deal over the holidays and having some sort of restriction from the band at a time, when temptations are around for everyone else.

I know your doing so well your one of my roll models and I hope I didn't sound to silly in my reply ... I just wanted you to not feel so bad because you have done so well without restriction . And I know you will continue to do well because this journey is for you ;)
And I hope I can achieve to live up to you xxxx ;)

And on another note I am still on the liquid diet so I'm not up on the food stage yet so may be I shouldn't have commented on restrictions as I don't even really know what your going through and it's reading all your guys comments that inspire me on my journey ...
So sorry your feeling so down about it all
Sending hugs xxxxx

Oh Sue, no of course what you said wasn't silly . . .not at all. And comment away hun :)

How are you doing post op? How are you finding with the liquids and the band? And recovery?

Oh Sue, no of course what you said wasn't silly . . .not at all. And comment away hun :)

How are you doing post op? How are you finding with the liquids and the band? And recovery?

The 2nd day was horrible !! today doing good no pain in the Chest but lots of rumbling and burping which is bearable ... But struggling to drink and have a headache I can't shift ....

Bet your sorry you asked lol

Looking forward to the journey ... But I still haven't told anyone only partner and oldest daughter know .... And all my new family on here lol

Not at all . ..are you struggling because its just too much to get down or because you're full? or because its making you ill?

Hi Kat, I get where you're coming from, I have to wait till 11th Jan and I too am struggling with my hunger levels! Weight loss has slowed down and only getting 0.5ml fill each time at present. How much fill do you have? I have 7ml in 14ml band.
What I find particularly difficult are my hours of work, I start at 8am, and finish at either 7pm or 9pm six days a week and am struggling to plan meals or packed lunches. Main reason being I go to client houses and there's not many of them anyone would wish to eat in, and finding it quite difficult....usually do much better when I am on annual leave.
We just have to carry on with the great work we have done so far and I'm sure we will have a loss by the time of our next fills.
Take care and keep your motivation going

Liz xx

Hi Liz, I only have 6 mls in my band, I had 5 mls put in at 5 weeks post op and then another ml 2 weeks later which was 2nd week of October. I've had nothing put in since, and even tho I've had verrrrry little restriction, its been a lot of willpower and a real control over what Im eating. I got to the point where I know I needed a fill, but due to injuring my knee I couldn't drive that far to get it done so had to cancel. Now I can't get in til Jan 10th. Its not helped my my knee as I can't get to the gym either, so Im starting to feel really blegh!

I understand work playing a part, although for me its slightly different cos I only eat a yoghurt at work, don't feel like anything else, but its the evenings it kicks in. Im still around my 1000 cals a day mark, and still limiting what I eat, but I do think I'm gonna stall this week, although I actually feel as if I've put on 10lb so weigh in will be odd on thursday . . .

I do find John West Tuna Light lunches good for lunches on the go, lots of protein, limited carbs, but filling too :)

Glad to hear you're doing ok tho . . .are you finding things ok apart from that?

Hi Kat, sorry for delay in repsponding! Thanks for the tip about the John West light lunches, had not tried them before but am now loving them as they are tasty and fit brilliantly into my work pattern.
I am ok thanks, bit up and down with weight at present, lose 3 or 4 pounds then put half or one back on, it may be slow but getting there. Getting about so much better and generally so much happier in myself. See ou've had another great weight loss this week, you truly are an inspiration to so many of us. Keep up the great work and Happy Christmas, Liz xx

Back