• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

no weight loss target!

BECKYBROWN80

hi am a bit concerned. reading other peoples posts it seems alot of people have been given weight loss targets. i am going to 2nd consultant appointment dec 13th after having various test last month or so, but was only told that we need to maintain weight till the operation. i do not ever remember being given a target. who gives these targets? and is it only certain hospitals? i am with whittington do they just allow u to maintain current weight?

thanks
becky
xx

These are given by ourselves mostly. The surgeons will give you an estimated goal but that will be something like a % of excess bodyweight lost in 2 years or so.

I never had a weightloss target either. I was encouraged not to put any extra weight on before surgery and to try and loose some. Not all hospitals give you a target :D XX

thanks. just thought maybe i missed some big thing! (blocked it out or something lol) didnt want to turn up to appointment in dec and be asked if i had lost that stone lol!
xx

Sunderland are very strict about us meeting a weight loss target but I know other hospitals don't bother with this. I was asked to lose 4kg and keep it off. If you haven't been given one....Hip Hip Hooray and don't worry pet! Just count yourself lucky!

I was not given a target my target i put on here is what i would like to get to.
Good Luck

Hi hun

I was not given a target from my hospital either. I was nearly 12 months post op before I made a target up!
X

My hospital Walsall Manor doesn't set any targets for weight loss before surgery and tbh i've not been given a figure to aim for. I guess we all have a space we'd like to be in, i dream of 12 stone, whether that will become a reality i have no idea.... As my diary says 'the road is long' :)

thanks all for you replies. i will just count myself lucky then i do not have to lose a certain amount before surgery.as for after, well 12 stone would be amazing! cant imagine it and think i will be the one it dont work for. my body will just be stubborn and refuse to lose the weight! that would be my luck lol
xx

i wasnt given one either, the surgeon just said any loss is better than a gain, xx

My surgeon just gave a rough guide of expecting to lose 60% of excess weight ..

I know we would all want to lose more, but I really do think they are realistic with their estimates ..

Ann x

I wasn't given a target either (I'm post op btw.)

Back