• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Time for a new me (Band Aid) sept 2009

Fantastic update lovely lady, a stone gone in 2 week is fantastic - you are doing GREAT!!!

I know liquids are very boring but time will fly and you will get to move on to new foods soon. Keep up your great work, looks as though you are off to a grand start.

Nic:D:D:D

As always THANK YOU. THANK YOU. lovely lady and husband also .Mia

Dear 32, thank you very much for this post. You are right, I need to know EVERY SINGLE LITTLE DETAIL including what my blood results actually are, not just that they are OK. I am going to take an anti-nausea tablet or injection as soon as I can, I hate feeling sick. Hope you continue to feel good and keep on with the shakes it'll be worth it in the end.

Congratulations

Thanks for posting such a detailed account of your experience. It gives me an idea of what to expect when it's my turn. What a great weight loss in such a short time. What a way to mark your 54th, a new start for you and a new grang child. Congratulations. Look forward to reading more.

Rebirth

Tomorrow start the soft foods:

Intend to have, 1/2 pkt oats so simple with water and 200mls drink fruit and 2 tabs low fat greek yoghurt mashed up and blended thick.

later, not very keen on mashed potatoes so going to have 3 oz blended chicken ,3 tabs sweet potatoes mashed with swede and carrot with a watery gravy as dont like thick gravy.

2oz salmon,mashed 1/2oz mature cheese grated on top of sweet pot as above.

Lots of water at least 1/2 hour, before the meals and non for 2 hrs after.(going to find this hard a brand new habit forever)

Anyway looking forward to this, will let you know how i get on.....
Mia

Really enjoyed my meals today, nothing got stuck, could of eaten more but kept to the recommended amounts.

Feeling good,sorting out some clothes and underwear this afternoon.
Want to buy a nice winter coat but will wait, a little longer as cant afford to keep replacing all my things but what a nice problem to have.
keeping up the walking and 2 classes a week, had a great morning yeasterday did 3 classes,yoga, stretch and tone and boxing all taster classes for 40 mins loved them all but cant fit all in every week?

Next goal is December 12th off to Goa for Christmas and New year. so hope to lose another 8 ibs,will of only had 1 restriction but sure i will be o.k.

A week of soft foods, been fine really but as i have a big appetite have to watch the amounts i could eat.

I have lost another 2 1bs,so pleased about that.

Really enjoying the walking,which i am increasing as weather has been so good all week, try to go early in the morning,as other things take over.

Habit wise eating slow is toture for me, it feels so unreal and false have to make a real effort to slow it down and concentrate.

Not drinking with a meal or directly after has been so hard as well.Can now understand why so many banders have milky coffee for breakfast.
I love water and tea first thing then have to wait 1/2 for food, then wait until 9.30am for a drink................only saying how it is to for me, a new habit it will take time have to work with it and not bend the rules to suit myself as i have done in the past.
Mia

Hi 32bme, Well done for the weight loss. It's hard to change the habits of a life time, but recognising them and actively working on them is part of the battle. So you're part way there, hurrah. Thanks for sharing all this. I think I'll have to try harder at slowing my eating down and not drinking with my meals in preparation for the bypass. Hopefully it will make it easier when the time comes. I look forward to reading more of your journey.

Rebirth

Back