• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

NOMOREyoyo....

NOMOREyoyo

will YOYO no more!!
Well, this is my pre-month pre op diary, thought i would start it here to put feelings & emotions down and maybe at some time look back and reflect????

I am relieved, excited, and so thankful that I have taken the step to own the 'tool' that wont make me lose weight, but will do better than that, do everything it can to stop me putting it back on once its gone! I just want it gone forever rather than 'lost' which means it could find its way back.

I am having a gastric wrap in Jan 2012, I will leave on Sun 15th Jan for Czech Republic, tests all day Mon & surgery sometime Tue, recover Wed Thu and come home Fri - sounds more like a mid-week city break doesnt it.

2012 is going to be MY YEAR..... Its a new dawn, its a new day its a new life for me :)

:):):)

my kids understand me....

I cant believe how supportive my kids have become in the last 5 days - when I told them about my decision last Sun they were really really anti, they dont even think I'm fat, they just think I'm me!

I tried to explain to them that there is a big whole in my life because I am too heavy, too unfit, too hot, too sweaty, too unconfident & it all makes me really sad that all I do apart from work is hide away & eat away the pain! Funny, being totally honest they really understood and are so supportive, telling me to get this Kindle for hospital so I will have plenty to read without the weight of books in my bag :) :)

That's really good to hear , my eldest swings between support & telling me I have no self control ..... hey I know that , its why I'm like this . My youngest just says ," I havn really thought about it " she's not big on voicing herself .

Morning, had our works xmas meal last night, it was a fun evening and nice to see the few who made the effort socially! I very rarely go out as I feel so unconfident & self conscious.....
So today I have decided to do a pre-pre op diet, til Xmas I am going to go low-carb & no alcohol, I may not even drink over the festive period.
I have a company conference Jan 5th/6th & will def not drink then as surgery ''should'' be on the 17th and from the 2nd Jan I intend to follow the Cambridge Plan until op and possibly for the liquid period after.
I have been looking into getiting myself a Kindle which I can download books onto over Xmas & New Year, I will go to Asda's and do some sale shopping for PJ's/slippers/dressing gown, I need to get some loose fitting clothes nearer the time along with toiletries. I love having a plan and feeling so positive!
I am so glad I found this place, even if no one listens or replies it doesnt matter just getting things down feels so much better doesnt it???
I feel more hopeful that I have done in months :) :)

xx

aw gl hun im due to have my surgery on the 10th jan so am also starting to get some bits together ,ithik it makes it a bit more reality for us doing these bits!! My hubby has a kindle its brillant hun and not that expensive for the books just you may need to buy the little light as it doesn't light up if you fancy a read without lights on xx

SOD the sales - I saw LUSHHHHH pj's and slippers in Sainsbury's that are now upstairs in my 'surgery area'.... I've got myself some muller lite yogurts, nutri-grains for brekki, cottage cheese salad for lunch and meat and veg for dinner from now til Chrissi, oh and no wine/cider/beer - NO ALCOHOL ZONE :)

God - I feel fab...planning and preparation, next I will be purchasing all the milk thistle stuff ready for 2nd Jan :))

aw gl hun im due to have my surgery on the 10th jan so am also starting to get some bits together ,ithik it makes it a bit more reality for us doing these bits!! My hubby has a kindle its brillant hun and not that expensive for the books just you may need to buy the little light as it doesn't light up if you fancy a read without lights on xx

ooo gr8 idea - i love to read :) and cant be doin with dragging a tonne of books round airports etc xx

I went to Sainsbury's this afternoon after doing a bit more chrimbo shopping and came away with a fab pair of pj's and slippers that werent in the sales... I'll wait for the dressing gown though LOL!
I am just reading through all the literature that Cosmetic Bliss emailed me :) and seeing what else I need to get eg milk thistle.
Pre-pre op diet starts tomorrow, its 4wks til surgery, well this time in 4 weeks I'll be on my way to Czech Rep - sh!T thats scarey ................

What is milk thistle ? xx

I have been looking into getting myself a Kindle which I can download books onto over Xmas & New Year,
xx[/QUOTE]

I have a kindle and I Love it! Get one!

Hiya, you probably know already, but there is a facebook page for cosmetic bliss, its a nice, supportive little group.

I have got a facebook account, deactivated - I cant bear to look a photo's of me 5-6stone lighter than I am currently - it made me really sad & I have a lot of work friends and family on there who would not be particularly supportive - though I should make a 2nd account and perhaps join! ;)

I would join, you'll possibly get to 'meet' people going to have their ops at the same time as you! Then when you're slim again, you can reactivate your old account :)

Good food day for me :) nutrigrain & muellur lite, cottage cheese salad, salmon & green veg for tea...need to increase water :)
Organised my blood tests for Thu so all I need to do is fax over results and send my money when it arrives into my bank account, maybe this week or next at latest!

Didnt sleep well last night as I snoozed in the evening - all that xmas shopping...

Gonna have nice bath & early night this eve I think xx
:D

Another good food day, yogurt & nutrigrain for brekki, cottage cheese salad for lunch, dinner was butternut squash/sweet potato with 2 large mushrooms baked in oven with cottage cheese.... Get the feeling that yes I like cottage cheese :) ...... I'm having fillet steak and green veg 2morr for dinner - yay me!
Treated myself to some eyelash extensions today for xmas/new year (not that I am going anywhere LOL) oh and a new pair of Ugg Boots! Merry Xmas ME xx

Last edited:
Don't we all just love PJ's ! Could I ask what a 'wrap' is? I do mean from a surgical point of view before any of the comedians out there start telling us it's a type of sandwich!
x

Lol.... It's basically having yr stomach wrapped via laproscopic surgery.... Quicker results with no foreign object BUT surgery only performed in Europe currently :) xx

Back