• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

NOMOREyoyo....

Passport & EU medical card located :) still need to get milk thistle and the anti-acid meds, think I'll do a superdrug trip...
I cant seem to find much post-op diet stuff for wrappers so need to find this out???
I know it will be clear liquids in hospital, then I assume liquid diet for a couple of weeks but not really sure, we get all this info during our stay in hospital.
Just want it to happen now and part of me wishes it were next week but this bloody business trip I have to attend meant it was not to be! Mind you ten minutes ago it was 6wks ago and now its just over 2wks xx

RANDOM THOUGHTS of 'stuff' I need to get:

kitchen cupboard
no added sugar crusha
no added sugar ribena
marvel powder
bouillion powder
mellow birds coffee
low fat horlicks
no added sugar jelly

still to get for hosp:
lip balm
books magazines wordsearch
pen
dvd's - which I will borrow
need to look at parking my car at airport
earplugs

ummmmm think I will be editing his list :)

Last edited:
You won't need most those food things while you are away but for pre-op and once you are home again. Might be worth packing some bouillon to take.

Tatiana

You won't need most those food things while you are away but for pre-op and once you are home again. Might be worth packing some bouillon to take.

Tatiana

LOL - the top list is for the kitchen cupboard :) hee hee - I did say it was 'random' ;);)

Dear Food

I am really sorry to have to do this via letter but it is time to call time on our relationship - sorry its over!

You have been very selfish pretending to be my best friend/lover/partner but all the time you were spreading your layers more & more as time went by.

You have made me feel very lonely and secretive, you have also helped to zap away my confidence.
I have spent night after night planning to end it all, only to sucumb to weakness at the 1st hurdle and go back to you again and again.
Well no more!

Food - you and I are over! Your are not what you have led me to believe you are, from today and this day forward, you a merely fuel to make me work! will seek pleasures elsewhere including facials, massages, spa breaks the list is endless.

So today is the 1st Jan 2012 & I am starting new relationships, firstly with me. I am giving myself the greatest tool to be rid of the 'hold' you have had over me, in the form of surgery.

So here's to me and what the future holds, from where I am situated, its looking pretty damn good for me xxx

Love it yoyo ( what is your name ?)
It's all tru tho isn't it , food is like a possessive & controlling force in our lives , well no more !
xx

woohoo you go girl!!! kick that food in the butt!!

Good Morning Diary....
Well today is the START of my pre-op diet, I have chosen to followng the Cambridge Plan as it means everything is laid for me with no worries about shopping etc - though I need to see my old counsellor as I only have enough for 7 days, she will be fine though I will txt her Wed & collect Thu. IF for any reason she is unhappy about supplying me then I will go low carb for 2nd week, either way its not a problem.
THE ONLY HURDLE in the way is this BLOODY business trip that I must attend Thu/Fri this week in a 5* hotel.
The lunch wont be a problem but dinner do will be a challenge, I work in a hugely male dominated environment & after the dinner and awards it is the done thing to spend the rest of the evening at the free bar.
I intend to slip off as early as poss - prob with my lap top :) so I can avoid everyone as a) I will be sober b) I feel hideous & have put on 5 stone since last year & c) Tho most of my region know I am having operation they think its for 'medical' purposes, I dnnt want to answer question after question about not drinking and 'having a larf'
Still it wouldnt be so rewarding if it was not so challenging!!
Today I am off to Superdrug (if they're open for my milk thistle and that funny tablet I need for stopping stomach acid (not sure if I need prescription)???
Ohwell - no doubt I will be back later :D:D:D

Morning Clare
Good luck with the pre op diet & extra good luck with your work thing , though if there are a lot of people there you should be able to sneek out un noticed relatively easily .... if you are doing Cambridge you can prob honestly say you have a headache if anyone questions you !
xx

I think your right - no one will bat an eyelid & I have got the excuse about the pre-op diet for my pending surgery which I will lean on! I'll just have to make up for it next year xxx:cool::cool:

I am really looking forward to seeing your updates! I am trying to figure out the financial bit so I can go to Prague.
So, happy for you!!
Mel

I am really looking forward to seeing your updates! I am trying to figure out the financial bit so I can go to Prague.
So, happy for you!!
Mel

Thx Mel - everyone here has been fab!
Finance was difficult for me, after many hours soul searching/tossing & turning/umming and ahhhing I decided the only way forward for me was a personal loan, this has cleared my overdraught and crdit card bill and will cost me £150 a month, which after I have cancelled my personal mobile £45 (I now have a work mob) is £95 - I spend plenty more than that on takeaways alone each month which therefore justifies the cost alone xxxxxxxxx

Yeah, I have been crunching numbers as well. Lol. I think my thing is now that I have my mind set firmly on surgery. I'm going crazy with the "how's". I feel like this is last chance saloon. Lol

Yeah, I have been crunching numbers as well. Lol. I think my thing is now that I have my mind set firmly on surgery. I'm going crazy with the "how's". I feel like this is last chance saloon. Lol

EXACTLY!!!! I totally understand - I applied for the load and was funded in a matter of days, i went through Tesco for it.
If you think about accomodating it financially tthen chances are you never take the plunge as justification for circa £4-5k seems alot - however when you cost it against happiness there is not contest! xx

That's what I am thinking. I have 2 year old twins. I am so worried about my health. Happiness and good health are priceless. I have submitted the medical form. I talked to Michael at cb last week. Just waiting for the doc to look through my form. Fingers crossed xxx

That's what I am thinking. I have 2 year old twins. I am so worried about my health. Happiness and good health are priceless. I have submitted the medical form. I talked to Michael at cb last week. Just waiting for the doc to look through my form. Fingers crossed xxx

Michael is fantastic! He's been really helpful!
I got ok'd and bmi is less than 40, due to serial yo-yo'ing I could go forward! And as you so rightly say, there is no price tag on health & happiness, £5k swallowed across 5 yrs = buggar all :) !!!!

xxx:flirt2::flirt2::flirt2:

He was very helpful, talked about his op very openly. I think it's probably the way forward for me. My mum has offered to help with the loan payments as well. So, we'll see...

Back