• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

"normal" eating......

jaynel

hi I have done 2 weeks liquid and 2 weeks mushy, and tomorrow I start normal eating. Can someone please tell me if what I intend to eat tomorrow seems ok?
Breakfast - crunchy cereal and yoghurt
12pm - Cambridge crunchy bar
3pm - 1 or 2 ryvitas with philladelphia cheese
tea time - chicken, salad and small jacket potatoe
4 or 5 coffees throughout day with small amount of milk. Thanks in advance xx

if it works with the guidelines you have from your provider then yes. Depends what they have said about content, calories, protein etc.

Don forget plenty of water too or nas squash, be aware you may not manage the skin on the potato, and take it easy, plenty of time to chew and wait for 20-30 seconds between each mouthful and only eat for 20 mins :)

I sometimes put Special K on top of my yoghurt for crunch, it also helps keeping you fuller for longer. :)

I personally couldn't have eaten that menu a month after my op, but then again I did have trouble eating for a long time, so it really does depend on the individual I think, also I had a bypass so it may be different for banders :)
It's all trial and error in the early days of any type of WLS, some days I could eat a certain type of food and the very next day eat the same food and portion size and it would make me sick as a dog!

what have your providers given you as guidelines? 1400 does seem high, a lot work to around 1000 cals a day, some don't. Mine said 1000 but I found my weight loss comes in at aroun 1100" bu made up f a minimum oof 70g protein a day and max 70g carbs.

Log the food such as on Mfp, make changes to the prices you make, and remember drier and crunchier old with the band is th way to go - alon with your providers guidelines :)

I can't see what you've calculated there as being 1400 cals. Use low fat yogurts (muller light or weight watchers) for example, cereal such as specak k. Low fat cream cheese or quark, and watch what choices you make.

What Grace has said above about not being able to eat 1 month after surgery is definitely different when she hasn't had a band!

Back