• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

North East uk

Wobbly71

Hiya

has anyone had a band done privately in the north east!!

Any opinions would be good.

x x x

there is a few thats been done privatley here, just becarefull who you choose as a providor tho as the after is very important as bands are high maintanance and can be costly if the after care package is rubbish, im sure the ladies that have gone private in our area will be along soon.... good luck x

Hi

I know of 2 ladies in the North East who went with my provider WLS Group. I went with them too but I had my op in Preston. Ive been very pleased with them!

Hi

I live in the north east but decided to go with WLSG and travelled to Rochdale for surgery as I couldn't find anybody I trusted in the north east.

I believe Mr Small does bands at the spire washington, but I wanted a bypass so didn't go with this option. I am not recommending the company as I know nothing about them, but I believe his surgery is well thought of in the NHS.

Rx

I had mine put in by THG and had to go to Birmingham to have the op. I DON'T recommend them as I personally found their aftercare to be dire.
I've just had my band removed due to the many problems I was experiencing and had to have it done under NHS at Sunderland Royal Hospital.

Good luck with your journey :)

Hi, I went with Professor Mcmahon at the Nuffield in Leeds. Excellent surgeon and provider... couldn't fault them one bit, very happy with my band and progress to date, very good after-care too. :)

Katie x

I had my bypass at the Spire in Washington by Peter Small - who also does them on the nhs at Sunderland Royal. He is a lovely gentleman and the treatment I received at the
Spire was excellent.

wow thanks for the replies. just starting to lookinto this really not even sure if i would have band or bypass. dont really know much about it yet? ? sort of feeing it is a last resort x x x

Hi a bit alarmed to hear your story I am booked in to gastric abnd with Mr Super at the Hospital Group but cos of my pacemaker they have arranged for me to have it done at parkway in solihull. Was it really bad???

Gastric Band Privately

Hi everyone, not sure how to navigate this site too well yet but my name is Anna and I am having a gastric band done privately on the 21st July 2011. I am in teh North East but using private hospital in Birmingham for op. Was given chance of NHS but too impatient to weight! (See what I did there? lol).

hi pet,i had my bypass done at nuffield jesmond by keith seymour leading bariatric surgeon for rake lane hospital but he does bands also at nuffield jesmond i know as i was going to get a band done then changed my mind, he is fantastic xxx

I live in north shields and last week I had a bypass at Leeds Nuffield with mr James halstead he was amazing and so was the hospital, the drive was nothing even on the way back and I couldn't fault the hospital at all, I used the hospital group and again they are fab

Best of luck in your choice xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Back