• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

north tyneside rakelane pre op diet, can anyone tell me about it?

charlie_pops

hi guys. gonna be starting my pre op diet at the end of jan, was just wondering what to expect. i know its not the milk one. i think its low carb and low sugar? could anyone give me a typical day or week. or what is everyone else experiencing ? xx

Hi Charlie

I'm currently on it from rake lane.

Bread cereals and potato 2 portions per day

Fruit and veg 5 portions per day

Milk and dairy 3 portions per day

Protein 3 portions per day

Fats 1 portion per day

You should come to the rake lane support group. Tues15th jan at 6pm in rake lane loads of support from people at all stages pre and post op.

You will need to get some multivitamins too. Currently on bassetts soft n chewy.

Good luck.

Thanks fez, I'm just really eager to start it, I've started taking the multi vitamins from SuperDrugs own brand. But those soft ones might be better :) I'm vitamin D deficient too :( can't wait tho its 5 weeks, when's ur op? I'm under woodcock x

14th jan with mr woodcock too with the help of Simon monkhouse who is lovely too. Good luck and shout up if you need anything

wow only 7 days bet your excited, who is simon monkhouse? how was your pre assesment. is it long?

Simon is his trainee clinical fellow. Pre op only lasts about an hour. Weight and blood pressure and measure you for the stockings. For the diet appt take a note pad as loads to take in.......

actually think i might of met him, there was a bloke sitting in the room when i met woodcock for my app. i thought i would get all the diet info on the pre assesment app? im getting confused now lol. whats a typical day like for you? im annoyed that my doctors still havnt got a letter from the hosp that was sent a month ago about my vitamin d, so just bought my own, hope my levels are ok for op.

Breakfast omelette
Lunch crackers peanut butter banana yogurt
Tea meat and salad
Couple pieces of fruit

Pre op is first and then you get another appt to see dietacian and pharmacist.

Try to get to the support group. It's really useful

Back