• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Starting my pre-op diet on monday for my surgery on 21st Nov =D

emmalouise1989

X Emma X
Well its finally happening

and i have to start my pre-op diet on monday for my gastric sleeve on 21st nov =D

but i just want to understand exactly what the diet is, what i should and shouldnt eat.
i beleive it is a low calorie low carb diet at the hospital im having my operation.

Does anyone have any info they can share, or any information they have been given that you can scan in and email me.

thanks

emma

woohoo good luck Emma :) xxx

Hi emma,

Hasn't the dietician or surgeon already given you a copy of the pre-op diet they want you to follow? If not, I would ring and ask them to post (and if possible email) you a copy.

Every hospital seems to follow something different, what veggies you're allowed, if you can have pieces of fruit or not and.what suppliments you should add whike you are preparing for surgery.

Goid luck for Monday, I've got 4 weeks until I start mine and am going for milk/soup/yoghurt and milk only combination.

Tatiana

Wohooo that is great news and i hope its a smooth ride for you all the way hun xxxxxxxxxxx

Good luck.... I am having my sleeve a week before u so will try and keep you posted x x

Tatiana said:
Hi emma,

Hasn't the dietician or surgeon already given you a copy of the pre-op diet they want you to follow? If not, I would ring and ask them to post (and if possible email) you a copy.

Every hospital seems to follow something different, what veggies you're allowed, if you can have pieces of fruit or not and.what suppliments you should add whike you are preparing for surgery.

Goid luck for Monday, I've got 4 weeks until I start mine and am going for milk/soup/yoghurt and milk only combination.

Tatiana

Hi my name I Julia am having my op on the 22nd nov and starting the milk and yoghurt on Monday

juem said:
Hi my name I Julia am having my op on the 22nd nov and starting the milk and yoghurt on Monday

Hi to every one am new to the site can any body tell me why there are different liver shrinking diets thanks

Hi to every one am new to the site can any body tell me why there are different liver shrinking diets thanks

Welcome juem. Heartlands give a list of 5 pre-op diets, and it's your choice which one to follow.

FuturePerfect said:
Welcome juem. Heartlands give a list of 5 pre-op diets, and it's your choice which one to follow.

Thanks iv got to do the milk one on Monday for two weeks what fun that's going to be

Best wishes to all of you with your November op dates, emmalouise1989, xxpigsgalorexx, and juem !!

Interesting to see so many of you going for the sleeve as well. Currently I'm down to have the full bypass, but am quite tempted by the sleeve. Will be reading more sleeve posts to see how you all get on !!

its seems every hossi is diff iam having a sleeve on 25 nov and i will be on the milk diet for a week just 4 pints of milk and a jelly and a bovril drink??good luck were are u having it done'?x

Whittington Hospital, north London (even tho I live south London but not too far to travel). I expect some surgeons may have a preference for the sleeve, and some for the bypass, but everything I have read suggests both ops very successful. We will *all* be losers !!!

I am having a bypass on 19th so I started me liver shrinking diet today. I am on the 2 meal replacements and a 450 cal ready meal or 200g meat 2 portions veg and 1 portion fruit. I am bloody starving! We were given a choice of 1 pint of milk and 10 x125g yoghurts (yes 10) OR an 800 cal low carb diet OR the meal replacement diet. I am having mine at Gloucester Royal.
Good luck to you all.
Marie

I am also under Heartlands. The bariatric dietician gave me a folder with all the bypass info, including the 5 pre op diet options.

If (or when grrrr lol) I get my funding I am going to do the meal replacement diet. I am doing that at the moment, and will do it then.

Good luck with your op on 21st!!! Not long now :D

Fuffs said:
I am also under Heartlands. The bariatric dietician gave me a folder with all the bypass info, including the 5 pre op diet options.

If (or when grrrr lol) I get my funding I am going to do the meal replacement diet. I am doing that at the moment, and will do it then.

Good luck with your op on 21st!!! Not long now :D

Am getting a bit nerves now start milk diet in the morning garnet wait to see how much I lose

Am getting a bit nerves now start milk diet in the morning garnet wait to see how much I lose

Good luck for today!!! X

Good luck Emmalouise xx i'm seeing Mr Kerrigan tomorrow at Murrayfield Spire so really hoping they will be happy with my diet and at least give me a potential date :)

Hiya I'm having my sleeve done at the UCH London on the 22nd Nov . I'm on my first day of pre op diet and I have a really big headache :(
My diet is 4 cans of weight watchers soup ,4 muller light yogurts any flavour , 1 pint of semi skimmed milk and 1 multi vitimen . I'm finding it hard but I know it will be worth it.
I told my father today about me having the sleeve & he really had a go at me , made me start to have second thoughts :(.

But I would like to wish you all the very best & soon we WILL be slimmer :) x

Hiya I'm having my sleeve done at the UCH London on the 22nd Nov . I'm on my first day of pre op diet and I have a really big headache :(
My diet is 4 cans of weight watchers soup ,4 muller light yogurts any flavour , 1 pint of semi skimmed milk and 1 multi vitimen . I'm finding it hard but I know it will be worth it.
I told my father today about me having the sleeve & he really had a go at me , made me start to have second thoughts :(.

But I would like to wish you all the very best & soon we WILL be slimmer :) x

Don't have second thoughts lovely, you will be so happy with the results afterwards. Your Dad is probably just very worried about you. He'd be more worried if he got a call from the hospital saying you'd had a heart attack. Mine was.

Love Kate x

Back