• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help with pre op milk diet please !!

sammy447

Hi Guys,

Well starting my pre-op diet today, been cutting back for weeks on low fat/low carb, but really want to stick to the milk and yoghurt diet for the next 12 days. Any advice on this would be great. ie. did you do the milk/yoghurt diet and if so what were your quantities??? any any tip?? All greatfully received.

Cheers Sam x

Hi sam I done milk and yoghurt diet for just over 4 wks I lost 49lb's and my liver was lovely and small ready for surgery, I had a pint of milk a day 5 mullier lights, oxo's was ok once I got threw the first wk I also drank like 2-3 ltrs of water a day xx

49lb in 4 weeks?!?! I'll be looking forward to my pre-op diet at that rate!!
xXx

Yea I lost 12lb my first week 5lb week after and another 4lb then 9lb on my last week then it was another 4 days until op and lost another 14lb I lost the 5lb a week b4 as I was on the low fat one then changed to milk and yoghurt as I was cheating so I don't class that week but the Wl I do lol so yea 49lb so far not weighed myself since my bypass a wk ago xx

Hi Sam, I am also starting my pre-op milk and yoghurt diet today and am starving! Good luck to you. When, where and what are you having? I am having a band at Dolan Park Hospital on May 5th.

Laura b said:
Yea I lost 12lb my first week 5lb week after and another 4lb then 9lb on my last week then it was another 4 days until op and lost another 14lb I lost the 5lb a week b4 as I was on the low fat one then changed to milk and yoghurt as I was cheating so I don't class that week but the Wl I do lol so yea 49lb so far not weighed myself since my bypass a wk ago xx

Bleepin hell! You're an inspiration before your surgery results!!!
Hope it's all going well for you x

Gosh Laura thats amazing ! :p

Hi i did milk diet (4 pints of milk one sachet of sugar free jelly and a bovril a day) for 3 weeks lost over 19lbs, I was still allowed diet soft drinks which helped to stop my tounge furring up lol.
I would start with milk in the morning either as milk or milky coffee or adding sugar free crusha to it. At lunch i had a jelly and poured milk over it that may sound gross but it was just luck having jelly and ice cream (although a bit sloppy it was nice) i made sure i had my bovril at dinner time so that i didnt feel left out lol. I also had some del mounta ice lollies the 100% juice ones they were very refreshing also sugar free ice poles yum yum.
The first few days are the worse but after about a week you will be so use to it that it wont even take a second thought.
Good luck all that is doing it and remember the end result is the surgery i had mine less than a week ago and by do i feel great 2 stone off and wearing smaller clothes already xxx

Thanks guys, thats a great few tips for me there. Chopster, im having the gastric wrap in the Czech Republic. Really having a hard time, tonight been having so many crazy thoughts and lots of tears, worrying about it and having second thoughts. Couldnt cancel now anyway as would lose all my money, but just finding the thought of never eating a normal meal again scary and feeling sick on just milk at the moment, just a bit of a mess tonight, sorry guys. x

You will be fine :) Some ladies I met a the weight loss support group (who have both lost loads of weight) said they can both still eat normal meals, just smaller portions :) I hope it will work out to be the same for you.

Good luck with the op!

Hi Sam, I am also starting my pre-op milk and yoghurt diet today and am starving! Good luck to you. When, where and what are you having? I am having a band at Dolan Park Hospital on May 5th.

hi, were you ok at dolan park? im booked in there 4 days after xmas. where they helpful with ur pre-op diet? as im struggling to make a food schedule for when i go on mine and if i dont plan out what im eating and when, ill fall of the wagon.

Hi sam I done milk and yoghurt diet for just over 4 wks I lost 49lb's and my liver was lovely and small ready for surgery, I had a pint of milk a day 5 mullier lights, oxo's was ok once I got threw the first wk I also drank like 2-3 ltrs of water a day xx

laura, did you make a plan of what you were having and when? ive been looking for sample plans to try and stick to to help me loose the weight pre-op.

chunkyMunky25 said:
laura, did you make a plan of what you were having and when? ive been looking for sample plans to try and stick to to help me loose the weight pre-op.

Gosh it feels like so long ago I can't remember I know I left it as late as possible to have my first yoghurt I started the day with a cup of tea then a bottle if water then later some milk then about 11-12 ild have 2 yoghurts then some milk then maybe 1 yoghurt a bit later on then for the evening ild have my oxo drink then 2 yoghurts and the rest of my milk inbetween all that I had loads of water xx

Hi embrace
Just of bluebell way, Eade close. Were bouts u. Are you having opp at Sunderland.

I'm in Woodham. No i'm paying privately and going to Prague after Darlington messed me about. I just want it done and am not waiting another 5 months :)

Back