• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Northamptonshire PCT

beckers

Has anyone else had experience with Northamptonshire PCT funding? I'm currently at UHCW under Mr Menon/prof. Kumar, and he said they have had quite a few patients from Northants and it always takes longer to secure the funding. Anyone else had experience with the waiting times?

My referral went in August 2011, Funding agreed 2 weeks later, Surgeon's appointment October 11, Band op Nov 11.
Northants are pretty quick, but you will have to agree not to apply for further funding for excess skin removal.

I've been trying to track down my funding but have no idea who to call. I've rang both Mr Menon and Prof. Kumars secretarys who are never there, I've tried to ring the PCT but don't know who exactly to ring or ask to talk to. I don't know how it works, do I ring my G.P or what? I'm totally frustrated right now.

Hi beckers, can understand your frustration!! I'd advise ringing your gps and asking to speak to the secretary, he/ she should be able to give you the info re: pct .... Either letting you know if you have funding or giving you the name/number u need for the relevant person at the pct, hope this helps.

Your GP practice will know the result of the funding at the same time as you, as they are copied into your letter. How long is it since your GP referred your case to the panel?

My GP didn't refer me, the panel met back in november and agreed my surgery, then as far as i know my consultant applied for funding. Mine is all backwards, i've had 2 years of weight management, and now the funding application, most people's is the other way round.

Back