• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Funding confusion!

Kel Belle

Hi all
I'm new to this site and am hoping for some support and guidance.
I have been accepted for gastric bypass outside of my pct and meet all the criteria for the surgery under the NICE guidelines for Havering.

Had a quick chat with my GP who seems to think it will be almost impossible to secure funding for my op! It's the practice manager that deals with the paperwork but she is always 'in a meeting' when I call!!
I just want to know if anyone else is going through the same thing - particularly under Havering PCT?
Thanks in advance.
Kellie :wave_cry:

Hi and welcome Kellie

Sorry I don't have any experience of Havering PCT (anymore) but I would recommend contacting the PCT itself (01708 465000) rather than just your practice manager to find out what the local requirements are as they seem to vary from PCT to PCT. Not all work just to NICE guidelines - and those are only guidelines.

Having said that, it is naughty of your pratice manager to not call you back. It may be worth also contacting your local PALS (Patien Advice and Liaison Service) on 0800 328 2556.

Good luck from an ex-Romford-ite. xx

Hi Sue!
Thanks so much for that very useful info! That is lovely of you :)
I have called PALS and left an a/p message. Practice manager is a bit funny to be honest! I went in on Friday but she said she was unwell and didn't 'feel like talking' - which I thought was quite rude!! I reckon if she was that I'll she shouldn't have been at work!!
Do you have a date for your surgery yet? What PCT are you under?

Xxx

Her attitude is awful!! What doctors are you at? We were at Western Road for a couple of years but didn't have any particular 'need' for help bar the usual aches, pains and chicken pox!

I'm under Hastings and Rother PCT but have got my funding through a Commissioning Group. I should go on the waiting list on 14th November when I see my consultant again x

Glad you think so too! She is really skinny and it feels like she gets a kick out of keeping me waiting (or should that be weighting!!!). I am with a surgery in rainham, Essex but I know western road very well!
My gp isn't much help either - he is over 20 stone himself and - how can I put it? Errr - lazy!!! He always seems like he cant really be bothered to listen - I call him a prescription writer!
I have left a message with havering PCT so waiting for the phone to ring now!
Xx

B***H!

Thanks big an bouncy!
It doesn't fill me with much hope when she is being so obstructive I must admit!!
I would never treat a 'customer' like that but in the nhs it seems to go unnoticed!
X

Back