• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

NorthEast Newbie

mrsjm

Hi all i joined a few weeks ago and this is my first post.
I was never really thin but was what i would could a 'normal' size for someone with big bones.
When i hit 25 i was diagnosed with PCOS, yeah lovely, weight gain of a cpl of stone, then 10 years later i was diagnosed with Hypothyriodism and that's when the weight really crept up. :cry:Over all in those 10 yrs i went from a size 16 to a size 24. I tried every diet under the sun, orlistat etc etc but can only lose 2 stone max myself. Spoke to the Dr and he said had i thought about Bariatric Surgery i said i had been discussing it with my hubby the week before. So he referred me. I went to the seminar at SRH and was weighed (135kg), had my appt with the dietician 2 weeks ago and was 8lb less so they asked me to lose another 4lb before my next appointment in just over 2 months time. Been told i should have my gastric bypass by end of year.:banana dancer:

Hi mrsjm and welcome to the forum. I am in a similar position in terms of having tried every diet under the sun, even pills but just end up yoyoing. Have been referred to the whit for surgery but no appointment yet. Keep us posted and all the best with your journey.

Hi all i joined a few weeks ago and this is my first post.
I was never really thin but was what i would could a 'normal' size for someone with big bones.
When i hit 25 i was diagnosed with PCOS, yeah lovely, weight gain of a cpl of stone, then 10 years later i was diagnosed with Hypothyriodism and that's when the weight really crept up. :cry:Over all in those 10 yrs i went from a size 16 to a size 24. I tried every diet under the sun, orlistat etc etc but can only lose 2 stone max myself. Spoke to the Dr and he said had i thought about Bariatric Surgery i said i had been discussing it with my hubby the week before. So he referred me. I went to the seminar at SRH and was weighed (135kg), had my appt with the dietician 2 weeks ago and was 8lb less so they asked me to lose another 4lb before my next appointment in just over 2 months time. Been told i should have my gastric bypass by end of year.:banana dancer:

Hi I had my gastric bypass 4wks ago at SRH it took 8 months from seminar for me. I also have dieted all threw my adult yrs and only ever managed to lose 2 stone then I would give up and end up putting more on than I lost. I weighed 20 stone at seminar and now I am 15 st 7 and determined not to give up:) Goodluck in your Journey too:)

Hello mrsjm and welcome to this ace site. Wishing you every success for your weight loss journey :) xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Welcome mrsjm! How exciting to think you'll be going into 2016 with a band :) Hope all goes to plan. Keep us updated.

Meg x

Thank you all, can't wait for my surgery. I know a lot of people that don't have to go through it think it's an easy option but we know it's not. It's a total change of lifestyle. Good luck to all.

Hi I had my gastric bypass 4wks ago at SRH it took 8 months from seminar for me. I also have dieted all threw my adult yrs and only ever managed to lose 2 stone then I would give up and end up putting more on than I lost. I weighed 20 stone at seminar and now I am 15 st 7 and determined not to give up:) Goodluck in your Journey too:)
Well done keep up the good work.

Hi and welcome mrsjm. Good luck :)

Wow that's amazing. When was your referal put in from your GP? My GP put my referral in 5 weeks ago and I haven't even received my first appointment yet :(

Hi all i joined a few weeks ago and this is my first post. I was never really thin but was what i would could a 'normal' size for someone with big bones. When i hit 25 i was diagnosed with PCOS, yeah lovely, weight gain of a cpl of stone, then 10 years later i was diagnosed with Hypothyriodism and that's when the weight really crept up. :cry:Over all in those 10 yrs i went from a size 16 to a size 24. I tried every diet under the sun, orlistat etc etc but can only lose 2 stone max myself. Spoke to the Dr and he said had i thought about Bariatric Surgery i said i had been discussing it with my hubby the week before. So he referred me. I went to the seminar at SRH and was weighed (135kg), had my appt with the dietician 2 weeks ago and was 8lb less so they asked me to lose another 4lb before my next appointment in just over 2 months time. Been told i should have my gastric bypass by end of year.:banana dancer:
how quickly did all of this happen? Have you had to wait long? X

Dr referred me in Dec 14, seminar was March 15, first appt with clinical team was May 15, have my 2nd appt Aug 26th to see if i have lost the weight they asked me to lose.

hi good luck from a fellow north easterner

Back