• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

...Not another one! :D *N00B!*

Flickalicious

Bit of a weirdy! XD
Hey ladies and gents!

Another newbie here :)
I have had appointments with the surgeon, anesthetist and dietitians and have been accepted for Gastric Bypass surgery on the NHS. I'm yet to receive a date but the hospital have said that the waiting time is only a few short weeks! Mid-November they reckon. So pretty much sleeping in the hallway waiting for a letter to land on my head! The wait is horrendous (I only had my last appointment a week ago!)

The pre-op diet doesn't bother me... I love milk lol Post-op isn't particularly a problem at the mo either. The thing that is scaring the living *BEEP* out of me is the actual op itself. I'm so scared about not making it out the other side :(

Have any of you post-oppers got any advice to calm my nerves? Or anything that would help me out at all? It would be of great help!

Thank you guys in advance :) Flick

hello and welcome

Welcome to the group, I don't really know what to suggest to make you calmer, maybe visualise a slimmer healthier you, I am having the bypass 31st October, and funny enough I'm not nervous of the operation but am nervous about afterwards, can't get my head around I'll never be able to pig out on yummy food ever again, I know that is ridiculous as that is what got me to this weight, but it is just so final, I find looking at people's inspirational stories and photos on here helps my doubts. Good luck and I'm sure you will be fine there is so much support on here x

As I type I am sitting on my hospital bed having had my bypass done yesterday and I feel great. Everyone was so helpful leading up to the op. Fully explaining everything to me. I couldn't have been any more informed. Just think of that surgery time as a few hours that you won't even be aware of that will improved your life forever x

As I type I am sitting on my hospital bed having had my bypass done yesterday and I feel great. Everyone was so helpful leading up to the op. Fully explaining everything to me. I couldn't have been any more informed. Just think of that surgery time as a few hours that you won't even be aware of that will improved your life forever x

Congratulations bjb!

To the lady who started the thread i would say think of your blood pressure, calm down, until you get your letter you dont need to worry about it. follow your providers rules and you will be fine x x x

Hey ladies and gents!

Another newbie here :)
I have had appointments with the surgeon, anesthetist and dietitians and have been accepted for Gastric Bypass surgery on the NHS. I'm yet to receive a date but the hospital have said that the waiting time is only a few short weeks! Mid-November they reckon. So pretty much sleeping in the hallway waiting for a letter to land on my head! The wait is horrendous (I only had my last appointment a week ago!)

The pre-op diet doesn't bother me... I love milk lol Post-op isn't particularly a problem at the mo either. The thing that is scaring the living *BEEP* out of me is the actual op itself. I'm so scared about not making it out the other side :(

Have any of you post-oppers got any advice to calm my nerves? Or anything that would help me out at all? It would be of great help!

Thank you guys in advance :) Flick

Hi and welcome Flick :)

Congrats on getting funding :) A few weeks isn't long at all. Well done!
It's perfectly natural and ok to feel scared about the op itself. I don't think there is anyone here who didn't at some stage have those fears. For me it's was a do it or die situation so for me there was no argument. On the actual op day I was more worried about not getting the op for whatever reason and honestly thought I would come round for the anaesthesia with people telling me they couldn't do it! Thankfully that didn't happen :) .. Just over two months now since my bypass.

hi and welcome i wouldnt worry too much just yet or you will talk yourself out of it just thing of it as a new you and goodluck with your journey

Thank you for your replies so far guys :)

I've not heard if I've actually got funding yet? Everyone has said yes to surgery but I'm still going over in my head that they'll refuse me at some stage :( I'm worried that my age and overall health will go against me. I'm 24 and other than obesity I'm otherwise 'fit' and healthy.

I've bought all the vitamins and minerals they've said to buy and have stocked the cupboards ready for the milk diet. I guess I just sit tight and wait for that head bump ^-^

Hi...you'll be finexx

Keep looking forward Flick - You can't have got this far without being qualified in one way or another! x

When I get the date that will make it all the more real for me. At the moment I'm in limbo and it's an unnerving feeling :( I suffer with depression and anxiety (and a lil bit of impatience for good measure!) and this isn't helping! :(

When I get the date that will make it all the more real for me. At the moment I'm in limbo and it's an unnerving feeling :( I suffer with depression and anxiety (and a lil bit of impatience for good measure!) and this isn't helping! :(

Again all perfectly normal to feel this way. I found it mind numbingly intrusive on my daily thoughts while I waited things out.

Hi. That's exactly how I feel...limbo land. I'm waiting for my date for the consultancy. Good luck with yoursd. Baby stwpsxxxx

Back