• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

not eating v well,do I need vits 4 FTT op

Trinaweena

Hi Ladies
Just a quicker, my appertite isn't very good at the moment and I'm not really eating ,just snacking on fruit and nuts and shreddies and plenty of chocies. I already take oil of evening primrose and multi vits and minerals with Zinc to help with healing and have done for a year now but now I'm worried about not been healthy enough for op even though i'm trying to eat a bit better but when I'm feeling down or depressed or worried about something I can't eat.
Do you think I should take some iron too????? or am I being a bit paranoid?? :hug: :hug:
any advice please ladies
Trina xxxxxx

I agree with the iron, and would also recommend taking arnica pillules (boots sell them) for a couple of days pre-op and as soon as you feel up to it post-op too to help with bruising and healing.

Try to eat as much protein as possible as protein is essential to healing.

I'm not so sure on the iron suppliments unless your Hb is low to start with... I am sure your multi-vits contain a small amount of iron in anyway. I would say you should try adding in a meal replacement shake once a day to ensure you get the nutrients you need, and make sure you drink enough fluids. I agree that drinking milk would be a great thing to do too.

I'd talk to your GP before starting yourself on iron....

Alice xx

Hi
Many thanks for all of your helpful replys.
I will chat to nurse at my GP's surgery.
Take care
Trina xxxx

Hi Trina
Glad to hear you are going to chat to the nurse about it, they know best but as the others have said try your best to get something eaten hun.
xxx

Hey Trina

I am feeling a lot better thanks and doing as I'm told.

Hope your feeling ok hun xx

Back