• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Not Feeling too good

donzi84

Hi all as you all know since my op i have been great, but today i feel really crap!! It was my first day back at work so that is probably one thing but i feel im obsessed with food, i am really worried i am able to eat too much and eating too much today i had 4 table-spoons of porridge for breakfast 2 hot weetabix for dinner and scrambled egg for tea (3 eggs) is this too much since i only had my band 13 days ago???i suppose i have to keep thinking that my band is empty so really there is no restriction...im on the pureed food just started today hence the ready brek and scrambled egg and dont feel hungry after but im worried that this is too much?? i think because im not having my fill till end of january which will mean that i have waited nearly 9 weeks im really concious of putting on weight or not loosing as much as i had hoped!! i know im waffling but just feel really stressed and sore today as i have been bending alot and sitting at a computer!!! can someone please tell me if they ate the same amount, more or less on the pureed stage 2 weeks after op

thank you i know im going on :mad:

p.s i would like to add my obsession with food this time is not that i want to eat or that im constantly thinking about it, its that i dont....

Hi sorry I cant help as I had the bypass but dont worry I am sure someone will be along soon with some advice....its not easy all this surgery is it.....((hug))....keep smiling....x

hi donzi, i had my band fitted on the 13th november and have only just started on the soft pureed stage i have been having soups with just a little mash potato just to thicken it slightly and also youghurts and low fat custard. I have suffered quite badly with the trapped wind, hence why i have stayed on the liquids for so long, so today is my first day on soft foods, but i have made sure that i dont finish it all simply to give the brain time to register that i am full and to get out of the habit of thinking that i have to always finish everything on my plate. x

Hi there,

Sorry to hear you do not feel too brilliant right now. Going back to work after two weeks is brave, I know I might not have wanted to. But it will feel better soon, just do not over do and rest when you can. Do your bosses know the score? If not tell them.

As too quantities etc...I think you need to look at the nutritional value of what you are eating rather than the amount.

On the things you are eating you might find constipation might set in. Eggs tend to bind you up and three in a sitting is quite a lot.

When I make scrambled egg I use 2 small eggs only, and only have it once a week, as they are not good for cholestoral.

You need to try and get a balance of good protiens, then your vitamin rich foods, like vegetables and then carbs.

Try cooking carrots soft and mashing those. Also another easy to digest vegetable when cooked soft is cauliflower. Also sprouts and cabbage.

I don't know if you like fish but a decent small fillet broken up should go down easy at this stage.

I was eating chicken at your stage, just cubed very small and about a tablespoon, with veg and mash.

I was on most solids 7 days after the op, as my surgeon thinks its best to get back to normal as soon as possible, as the brain registers fullness quicker on solids, as you have to chew them very very well and its more satisfying.

If you go careful and gentle you will be ok. I am nearly seven weeks post op with no problems.

Its hard not to get to bogged down with it all, just relax and everything will be fine. You'll soon be more chilled around food.

Hiya
I am sorry i have not got any advice to give you but i just wanted to send you some hugs :hug99: :hug99: :hug99:
Xxx Lizzie xxX

Back