• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

2 weeks post op and really needing something to chew!!!!

chezza1

Hiya all i had my band in 2 weeks ago im really getting hungry and had some readybrek last night as my stomach was driving me nuts. I also have had scrambled egg on saturday. Has anyone had mushy food after 2 weeks.:wave_cry:

hi i was on mushies pretty much at the end of week 1, but u have to take it slowly as you are still in the healing process, the best thing to try is a tiny amount of mash with gravy.

OOh sounds good to me mash with gravy think i will be in heaven tonight lol
I was just a bit weary with having something within 2 weeks because they say you have to wait 2 to 3 weeks post op. Thanx Liz

Hi Chez - I was the same. I was really hungry within a week of surgery, so my dietician told me to start pureed foods then. Haven't had any problems with it at all. I'm now back on to "normal" foods, and the warning signs for me are hiccups and the "elephant on chest" feeling. Either of them and it's time to stop.

Hope this helps.

i think everyones diets a different im now just coming to end of week 3 and am eating normally in week 2 i had boiled egg and bread couliflower cheese chicken casserole semolina for a sweet fix and soup, i can now eat normal size portions my usual day now is
boiled egg and slice of bread for brekkie
sandwich for lunch
and casserole with mashed swede and some carrots for tea
evenings i have a bowl of strawberrys and bannana i find this stops me going to bed hungry i spoke to my dietician and she told me if im really hungry to eat or it could induce scoffing to much at meal times if that makes sense little and often is better good luck

hi
yeah as serenity said we are all different and i find it is all trial and error as i am 6wks post op and still cant eat bread or pasta or meat..
just try little bits of different foods and chew chew chew
emma

Thanx all,
Im have tried a few different things now and today i had a salmon sandwich and i have also had a bagel toasted with soft cheese on really loved it. I have had loads of people telling me they carn't eat bread how come i can???? I haven't come across anything i carn't eat but i haven't tried meats yet and i dont eat large amounts of anything because im still weary at trying things.

i can eat bread but not crusty bread i dont know once im filled if i will be able to tho i also had a small steak saturday as im told this will be hard once i have restriction so i thought bugger it have it while i still can lol

I am 4 weeks post-op & haven't ventured down the raod of bread yet (apart from half slice of toast for breakfast). Desperate for a salad sandwich though, but not brave enough yet!

How come everyone misses their sandwiches lol
never bothered me before.
Oooh serenity a steak wow was you ok with it they say the thing is to chew chew chew im so scared of getting something stuck but i may have a go at the weekend with some kind of sauce to help it down. mmmmmmm good idea.
Yes Cazza you can have one of my nice coffees.
I went to the local fat club this morning and found that i had lost 1 stone and a half. best thing was everyone was looking at me and i felt so so good haha cheating thing that i am...woops

Back