• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Not losing very quickly?

lynseyscott

I'm 6 weeks post op & I've only lost 21lb since surgery? Is that normal? It doesn't seem like a lot to me. Am I expecting too much?

Sounds about right to me I think its a decent rate don't forget your body has had a major shock then its all confused with just having liquids/purees etc after having unlimited food for so long, good luck hun xx

Thanks butterfly. I just want to be thin NOW!! :)

I can understand that, but time really does fly, don't forget to do measurements too as the scales can be sticky devils but inches seem to come off despite those pesky scales. I am 13 months out and 11st down and its gone so quickly.

Well done! That's a fab loss! Just remember everyone is different and will lose at a different rate to others. Sometimes we get hung up on what others lost after their surgery I know I did but it's coming off that's the main thing.

Xx

I had my bypass in sept 2014 and so far lost 52lbs in just over 4months so nearly a stone a month so a good rate

I remember a few weeks ago looking at my average weekly loss thinking blinking eck that's not much, I could've done that at slimming world!! But the reality is, I couldn't!! At least not every week. That's what led me to wls.
And while the weight hasn't dropped off over night it is coming off at a respectable 2-3lb per week. I have just adjusted the way I think about it, it's going to take time but that's ok.

I'm 6 weeks post op & I've only lost 21lb since surgery? Is that normal? It doesn't seem like a lot to me. Am I expecting too much?
Lyn hi thats a great loss and like others say you have prob def lost inches too. Look at that loss in stones thats nearly two stones!!! I had same prob issue at same time as you and for three weeks scales stayed same but it started moving again. Like butterfly says our bodies have had major shocks and it will take a while for our bodies to adjust to weight going. Stay strong Lyn best wishes and let us know how you go xx ps im 10wks tomorrow. Im around just nearly 3 stones!

Thanks everyone I think I have my head round it (most of the time!) now, I'm getting used to celebrating the other things too - like easier work outs and people noticing I'm slimmer x

Im 6weeks post op and have lost 4stone 1lb so far!! Worried its too much to have lost on such a short space of time

Back