• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Five weeks post op and no weight loss for two weeks!

Good news,glad you feel instantly better,I did after mine,so far so good,hope it does the trick this time.x

Lawstudent said:
Me too haha!!

Well I have started to lose again AND managed normal food! Yoghurt for breakfast, bit of jacket potato and beans for lunch and some poached smoked haddock for dinner :)

Sounds about right to me,I have porridge for brekie or cereal,similar to you for dinner,beans and baked potato goes down quite easily,tend to have more soups for lunch than anything else,sounds about right what you had for your tea,I tend to only put on my plate what I think I can eat,after my dilation the surgeon Said go for it and not just stick to slider foods as it could close up again so I do have good protein for my tea,chicken,beef,fish,eggs,etc mainly served with veg,going to try some salad this week as its week eight for me,so normal consistency foods is on the menu,will see how I go,hope you are still doing well.xx

edge said:
Sounds about right to me,I have porridge for brekie or cereal,similar to you for dinner,beans and baked potato goes down quite easily,tend to have more soups for lunch than anything else,sounds about right what you had for your tea,I tend to only put on my plate what I think I can eat,after my dilation the surgeon Said go for it and not just stick to slider foods as it could close up again so I do have good protein for my tea,chicken,beef,fish,eggs,etc mainly served with veg,going to try some salad this week as its week eight for me,so normal consistency foods is on the menu,will see how I go,hope you are still doing well.xx

I hadn't even thought about that! I am very chuffed to be able to manage a bit of jacket potato! I really hope i don't close up again, two dilatations is enough!!

How many cals a day are you on? I must be on about 500 maybe 600 is that about right? I wish I had not discovered Quavers, they are too easy to shove in.

Must say I've been a good girl as far as eating snacks and quavers etc,just concentrating on getting my food down me.Not too sure how many calories I'm on,cant be much different to you,some days are better than others,think on average it must be between 600 to 700.I tend to top up my protein by using marvel in my drinks and on my soups,I'm trying to eat all the suggested amounts on my diet sheet,I don't tend to eat much carbs cos by the time I've had my meat and veg I'm pretty full.It doesn't say anywhere on my eating plan how many calories I should be eating so as long as I stick to the recommended amounts I should be ok.What week are you up to now and I'm glad to hear the scales are going in the right direction for you,at last !!! Xx

edge said:
Must say I've been a good girl as far as eating snacks and quavers etc,just concentrating on getting my food down me.Not too sure how many calories I'm on,cant be much different to you,some days are better than others,think on average it must be between 600 to 700.I tend to top up my protein by using marvel in my drinks and on my soups,I'm trying to eat all the suggested amounts on my diet sheet,I don't tend to eat much carbs cos by the time I've had my meat and veg I'm pretty full.It doesn't say anywhere on my eating plan how many calories I should be eating so as long as I stick to the recommended amounts I should be ok.What week are you up to now and I'm glad to hear the scales are going in the right direction for you,at last !!! Xx

I am on week six, week seven tomorrow! It has been one hell of a journey so far! I have spent so much of that time eating nothing due to narrowing that I am just eating for the sake of eating, not loads I don't mean but I don't worry so much about carb/protein yet. I am veggie though considering white meat, but tried red and it made me so ill! I have tried fish which was great :) so maybe I will stick to fish. I see the dietician next week so I hope she will shove me in the right direction. I am giving up the Quavers too!

Lawstudent said:
I am on week six, week seven tomorrow! It has been one hell of a journey so far! I have spent so much of that time eating nothing due to narrowing that I am just eating for the sake of eating, not loads I don't mean but I don't worry so much about carb/protein yet. I am veggie though considering white meat, but tried red and it made me so ill! I have tried fish which was great :) so maybe I will stick to fish. I see the dietician next week so I hope she will shove me in the right direction. I am giving up the Quavers too!

Oh and I do drink a lot of milk which helps!

Hi Hun,I am 8weeks tomorrow so you are only a week behind me,I'm sure when you see your dietitian next week you will have a much better idea on calories,food choices,etc.I am now looking forward to Xmas,I feel less stressed about everything,eating is getting better,the prezzies have been bought,the Xmas tree is up and all my cards are written,up to 3 weeks ago this all seemed quite daunting.time does make a difference on this journey.just hope my positivity keeps going in the right direction.hope the eating keeps on improving for you and the sickness gets less,xx

edge said:
Hi Hun,I am 8weeks tomorrow so you are only a week behind me,I'm sure when you see your dietitian next week you will have a much better idea on calories,food choices,etc.I am now looking forward to Xmas,I feel less stressed about everything,eating is getting better,the prezzies have been bought,the Xmas tree is up and all my cards are written,up to 3 weeks ago this all seemed quite daunting.time does make a difference on this journey.just hope my positivity keeps going in the right direction.hope the eating keeps on improving for you and the sickness gets less,xx

I worry constantly that I am able to eat too much! Today for example I had half a average jacket potato (no skin) two tablespoons of tuna mayo and a tiny bit of cheese. That means around 4tbsp total and I didn't feel full even then :( I feel that doesn't seem right somehow. I worry it hasn't worked properly.

Back