• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

not smoking

serenitylove

iv had flu and for past few days iv had a bad cough so its now been 24hrs since iv smoked and omg id sooo like one but it not a physical craving it a mental one and thats really annoying me so im gona see how long i can go without wish me luck!

Good luck you can do it.

Try and occupy yourself with something else. Have a drink or even a shower until the feeling passes.

serenity giving up smoking is the best thing you can ever do for yourself, so you have tackled the weight now kill the weed.
I have heard that a little course of tabs called champex are supposed to be great
I have two friends who have smoked many years give up in the last year with these and no bad side effects as it was a structured process.
you can buy them over the counter
Whatever you decide the best of luck

Jayxx

Good Luck Serenity. I too have heard that champix is good.

Very best of luck to ya girl - I gave up 15 years ago best thing i've done along with me band!!!!

Well done you! Your doing better than me...its been about...erm...10 mins :-( lol..I just bought the Allen Carr books so will read them soon x

:)Hi Serenity,
I gave up about 17 years ago - aged 35
how well I remember the bad chests/coughs/sore throats
think it was a packet of 20 going up to £1.50 after a budget that helped me to quit & putting money saved into a new savings account-just seeing the balance grow kept me going

Good Luck

well iv still not had one but its not that i dont want one i just pyhsically cant so walloped on a nicotine patch not sure its really donw anything tho lol i am due to see stop smoking clinic about champix as you take them for 2 wks while stil smoking so not much good at mo , think i might have to pop to dr tho today cough not brill cant take in a full breath and wheezing like an idiot but ty everyone will keep you all posted gona give this a god shot while i can x

well done on the no smoking!!! My friend who has smoked for 20 years decided if i was having a band she would quit smoking so she tried the tablets she did well for i think 6 weeks but started again, because she wasnt ready to quit! She used my surgery as a exchuse to stop as asposed to doing it because she wanted to! However she hasnt had a fag for three weeks now and is doing so well im so proud of her cause she smoked like a trooper little roll ups cause she said they are more healthy???!! i dont know what it is like to be addicted to fags but i know what its been like giving up food and thats hard!! remember if you light up you dont have to light the next one and theres always tomorrow dont think oh ive started again i may as well carry on its no different to diets and you have done so well so far havnt you!! xx

Good luck to you. I stopped when I had a stinking cold and a sore throat and couldnt smoke for three weeks then I thought I might as well carry on like this. The way I did it was to say that I wont have one today but I might have one tomorrow - tomorrow soon became 6 months and now 11 years! Also one hypnotherapy session will cure you!

Back