• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

bad day

serenitylove

i think iv just had one of the most embarrasing things of my life happen today i was at my friends and i sat on sofa and heard a kinda creak and the seat bit has now sunk:( my friend was really nice about it but it was a rather humilating reminder of why i am so glad i had surgery but my god it was humiliating and iv never tried so hard not to cry in my life iv never broken anything befor and it was awfull this is the only place i feel i can talk without people looking at me like im a fat usless lump

:hug99: awww huge hugs for you :hug99:

try to focus on the fact that you are addressing your weight and doing something proactive about it, this may be the first time it's happened but it's also the last :)

Awww hun I know just how you feel:eek:A plastic chair broke when I was on hols in Goa.It was a spindly one but I nearly died of embarrassment:eek::eek:
At least you are on the right path:D

Def know how you feel. I had a new Employee and on her first day I sat on a wooden chair in the oice an it just crumbled under the strain of my weight and I hit the floor like a tonne of concrete. I made some stupid joke and vowed never to buy cheap wooden chairs again! But better than that I'm doing something about my weight so I don't have to think twice about what will happen should I want to sit down.
K x

Serenity how do you know the sofa was not worn there anyway? I would not jump to the conclusion it was your fault at all chick and nor should you....xx

i agree the sofa was prob past it any way lol, OH & IVE BROKEN A FEW TOILET SEATS IN MY TIME LOL :8855:

dont worry about it, im sure many of us has had similar experiences, look in the bright side, there will be a january sofa sale on in january lol

liz x

Aww it's awful. I'm so sorry.

I've broken furniture before and you're right it's the most humiliating experience. It makes you want to dig a hole and bury yourself.

Things can only get better hun.

xx

I'm sorry to hear about your experience but as others have said at least your addressing the problem now.

My most embarrassing event was going out to dinner with my parents and my inlaws and the chairs in the restaurant were tiny and the sides were digging into my legs so much that I suddenly burst into tears about half way through the meal cause of the pain. My mother in law thought she was doing me a favour by shouting over a waiter and asking if they had any other chairs as this one was too small for me... probably heard by the whole restaurant never mind the waither. My mother in law (ex now) never was one for diplomacy. All the restauranters were looking at me and I just wanted to die... really sad though cause even such a horrendous experience as that did n't spur me on to try to lose my weight.

My most embarrassing 'fat' moment was years ago when I was staying at the professionally decorated, multi-million dollar condo of my then boss. I was horrified when I collasped the guest bed in the middle of the night. I was mortified and was loath to tell him I thought I broke his bed so I had to 'fix' it each night and pray really hard that I did not do it again. Needless to say I slept for poo that entire week because I was afraid to roll over or even cough! It turns out that it was a antique bed frame that was originally intended for a double but had been extended to accomidate a queen mattress (don't think you Brits have queen size but it somewhere between a double and an American king size). They obviously did not strenghten the extension enough to support a woman of my size. I did not break it but I sure thought I did and did not want to even consider how much it cost!!! It was embarrassing and stressful for me and I will never forget it.

Nic:rolleyes:

Oh big hugs ((()))

Sorry you must have felt awful. but as everyone has said now that you are on the losing side these mishaps are behind you. take care

Oh Im sorry to hear that. I bet it was worn and on its way out tho as others have said. I have broken a few toilet seats in my time too! Dont beat yourself up, your loosing weight and gaining confidance, those days are history. Keep your chin up, Take care R x

my most embarresssing fat moment was when the doorbell rang just as i got out of the shower. It was the post man with a sign for parcel. My towel only just wrapped round and as i clung onto the ends whilst i signed his bit of paper i lost grip of my towel and it fell to the ground. I dont think i have ever moved so quick.
Mind you i think the postman might have gone off sick with PTSS as i have never seen him since.

Back