• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Now on the losing side but furry mouth

Bless your daughter Allie there sensitive things aint they kids, must have been awful for you leaving her, i am just really hoping my kids dont wake up early in the morning as i am leaving at 6am.
My daughter is a right mother hen, last week we was having a conversation and she said next week mummy when your all better i am going to make your dinner for you, i said to her thank you so much but i cant eat for 4 weeks but i'll tell you what you can do for me and that is make sure i have plenty to drink babe and she is very happy with that, i have brought lots of flavoured teas and flavoured water, hubby shown her how to make a slimfast up today and she is quite excited to look after mummy, just hope she doesnt kick off and not want to go to school as she doesnt like school at the best of times bless her, I will have to come up with some kind of incentive to get her to school i think lol.My 17 yr old and 12 yr old boys seem to be taking it all in there stride, Devon my 12 yr old says mum can you stop crying now please your going to be fine and hearing you crying is putting me off my game lol my eldest is just keeping out the way as they do. X

Wishing you all the best for tomorrow Claire and a speedy recovery!:gen126:

You are blessed to have such a wonderful supportive family there who care so much about you.

Love Mini xxx

Well its the morning of the big day and what can i say, i've had an hours sleep had some toast at 2.30 which they suggested on sheet with a cup of coffee, stomach feels like a twin tub on spin and been sick this morning, had my shower and dressed and just straightening my hair before my sister comes to pick me up at 6 ready for the journey to Birmingham,not got to be there till 8am and its only a 50min journey but want to play it safe, ie traffic or accidents. well this is me signing off now i will update when all done and dusted, have a great day everyone X

Looking forward to reading all about it - see you on the other side!

Lx

All the best for today Claire, Every thing will be fine .
Post as soon as you can

As promised here is an update....

I woke up yesterday morning at 2.30 for my toast and coffee and then went back to bed till 4.30 sipping water till 7am as allowed. I woke up at 4.30am and had a shower and got ready and straightened my hair, at 6am my 2 sisters arrive to pick me up for our journey to Birmingham, my daughter of 9 woke up ( really didnt want this to happen ) of course that started me off crying again, so i said to her that i loved her and that i would either see her later or on Wednesday, she cried but then let me go. We get into the car to go and pick my friend up ( yes a full car went lol ) and went to tesco's to fill up with petrol, then made our way along the A14 of which was not too busy and then onto the M6, needed to get off at junction 5 BUT ended up on the toll road and at this point it was 7.45 my appointment was for 8am, so i give them a call and tell them there is traffic on the road and they were fine just said we will see you when we see you, finally arrived at Birmingham at 8.30am.
Walked to the day surgery unit and give the guy on reception my name and was told to sit down then this guy came out and called my name and shown me too my bed, at this time i had to go in on my own ( although i knew that only 1 person would be able to come in with me ) next to me was a lovely lady called Janice ( who liked to be called Jan ) and she was in for the same thing and we got talking. Adrian came to see me, and my god what a lovely guy he is, he asked me if i had any concerns and me being me just blubbed he was very supportive and very kind to me, then comes over Mr Super ( this was the part i was dreading ) not a very good conversationalist, just shook my hand and said we know why you are here today dont we and i replied yes and he went through the consent form and asked me to sign and then added we are here to try and help you lose that fat ( as if i didnt know ) so i just nodded and said nothing and he said see you soon. Was told to wait by my bed or i could go and sit out with my sisters and friend and this i did.
At 10.45am my name was called, my eldest sister came with me and i was told to get into my gown and put on the lovely support stockings, i stood there at my bed and went to peices and my sister and a nurse had to calm me down. The nurse then said its time to go, so after giving my sister a hug and a kiss and her telling me not long to the new you i walk off into theatre, as i step in and reality really does hit me i go to peices again but the theatre staff really were lovely, was asked to get onto the bed and the aneasthetist asked me to take some deep breaths on the mask which was oxygen and then all of a sudden my face starts tingling and i wake up in recovery looking at the time it was 12 noon. The nurse told me everything had gone to plan and i would be moved back to my bed soon, i was taken back at just before 1 were i laid and slept on and off till 2, i woke up and asked for a drink, remembering not to gulp my drink down, it felt like it had got stuck at the bottom of my throat, i mentioned this to the nurse andshe said that is normal its because things are swollen in my throat but it will ease, i drift in and out of sleep then till 4.30pm when i ask what time i can go, she looks at one of my dressings and one had been bleeding a considerate amount so she changed the dressing andsaid i could get dressed now if i wanted too, sooff i go to the toilet and sh is there behind me with my suitcase ( only a small one ) i have a wash get dressed AND apply my make up and feel so much better BUT the dressing starts leaking again so she put on a gauze plaster and says give it 20 mins and if it leaks through that we may have to put in another stitch, i didnt haveto have that as it stopped, i left the hospital at 5pm and what should have only been a 50 minute journey took 2 hrs 30 mins as the A14 was closed due to a accident so had to do a detour.
Finally we reach home and my daughter and middle son are on the doorstep to greet me and it put a smile on my face and i see my husband who was in tears and said how brave i was ( he really is a softy ) the house is spotless and there is noironing left as what i had left he did for me, my daughter gets me a drink andthen the questions start flying which i answer, the phone starts ringing and it was my dad ( we dont have the best relationship ) but he was pleasant for once. I lay on the sofa at 9 and wake up at 11.45 for a drink and decided to update you all on whats happened, going back to sleep now but thank you again to all your kind support and words, i have told Jan ( who was in the bed next to me ) about this site and hope she joins us all. Take care everyone and speak soon X

Hi Claire,

Delighted that it has all gone so well for you.

I loved reading your story and could not help but cry as I felt I was right there with you.

I think you are a very brave lady and I am sure you are relieved to be back in the bosom of your wonderful loving family.

Thank you for such a wonderful post!

Night, night!:hug99:

Love Mini xxx

Welcome home, Claire! Great post, thank you for all the details. Enjoy being pampered by your loving family.

Lx

Forgot to mention, all those waiting to have there surgery at Birmingham Heartlands you can wear your own underwear apart from bra and you can get a bra on afterwards as well. :) X oh and i had 1 injection in my tummy afterwards and was not sent home with anymore injections just a box of 32 solpadol which taste disgusting as got to sip them and cant gulp them down to get it down quicker and i also got given some dressings as well. :) X anything else i forget to add i will add along the way

Last edited:
Congratulations Claire!

Loved reading your story and looking forward to reading all about your weight loss journey. I agree Adrain is such a lovely chap. He phones me weekly to see how I am getting on with my diet, he actually phoned me yesterday morning, I should have mentioned that you was in having your band done, oh well.. Seeing him tomorrow at the weight management clinic so will mention you then.

Take care hun xx

Such a wonderful update Claire. Congrats on being on the losing side.

Welcome Home Claire
Glad everything went well for you.
Sounds like you have a loving family to look after you. :)
Thats it, the new u is born !! :wee:
Here's to your weight loss......

Look after yourself. xx

In quite a bit of pain tonight, had a slimfast this morning as was told by Adrian to try and get 3 portions of protein in a day, well i managed about 2cms of it if that and that was my lot, been having sips of water and had a cup of coffee, also managed 1 solpadol tablet which took and hour to get down in a small amount of water, had a chewable windeeze as well but still feel very heavy just under my chest, is this wind or what? Sorry to ask but all these feelings are all new to me, have to say i am not feeling hungry at all though which is good, should i be having soup or anything or is that for me to decide? any help would be greatly appreciated X

Woke up this morning with the jitters, its finally my turn tomorrow to have surgery with Paul Super in Birmingham Heartlands, apart from my stomach feeling like a washing machine i am considerably calm, cant say how i will be feeling later on though lol, just going to occupy myself doing my housework and getting it all sorted ready for my return, anyway time to get the kids up for school, i will update very soon :D X

Good luck, here's wishing you a speedy recovery xxx

Hi Claire, good thread and great description of what to expect on te day of surgery. Perhaps you need to give it a few days and see if still coughing anything up. Been reading someones else's thread about the wind trapped perhaps its that? If so they say the peppermint tea and moving around helps - but i am sure you have already read that knowing what an avid fan of minimins you are!!
Will see you Friday to catch up and for you to show me your scars!! Rest and don't try to do too much xxx

Back