• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Now on the losing side but furry mouth

Had a really bad day today, been crying alot today, not in pain as such just bored i think, i am never one to stay in and watch the tv i get bored too quick, had a good chat with my friend Paula today who is due to have her op next week, she is coming to see me tomorrow morning and she went through everything i should be having with me and so i feel alot happier now knowing that i am getting what i need inside me, hubby went and did a bit of work today for a friend of his for a bit of extra cash and so was on my own for a couple of hours this afternoon, i mostly slept but when i werent sleeping i was crying, is this all part of the process? X

Hi Clare, just read your story in full,thanks it was full and interesting.
Just befor i left hospital i had an over night stay was seen by a physio who told me to take very deep breaths to the base of my lungs several times a day as due to the op anesthic we are prone to chest infections, so been doing that am,noon and a couple of times a day.

It may move the phelm. If you feel weep thats normal as well as others have said.
We have loads to look forward to now!
Take care a fellow bander. Mia

Oh i couldnt agree with you more Mia, i am so looking forward to my new life and my past life has been put into a box and will never be opened again, I will give that technique a go Mia thanks for adding that, had a lovely surprise today, i have lost 4LB since tuesday, i couldnt resist getting on the scales, but hubby is taking them off me now and only going to let me have them once a week as he knows how disheartened i will be if i dont lose/put on.... Bless him he went into town today and brought me a new jumper ( cheap one ) as my son plays football on a sunday and he wants me to be warm now the winter is coming, we've both been going through a rough patch of late but this seems to have brought us alot closer together and i hope it continues as i really wouldnt be able to do this without his support. Thanks for the advice Mia again X

Congrats Clair good luck for the new slimmer and healthier you xx

After having a lovely 2 1/2 hour conversation with my friend Paula i have just made some banana and custard ( watered down with milk ) 1/4 of a banana blended up gone through a strainer for no lumps and i have to say it is heavenly. Healthy option custard out of the carton from sainsburys and not even a 1/4 gone out of the carton, going down a treat and a nice change from everything else i have had, just thought i's share this heavenly taste with you all X

After having a lovely 2 1/2 hour conversation with my friend Paula i have just made some banana and custard ( watered down with milk ) 1/4 of a banana blended up gone through a strainer for no lumps and i have to say it is heavenly. Healthy option custard out of the carton from sainsburys and not even a 1/4 gone out of the carton, going down a treat and a nice change from everything else i have had, just thought i's share this heavenly taste with you all X

Mmmm, thanks for that, i'll keep that in mind!!

:17729:

Can anyone suggest anything for furry mouth apart from mouthwash and brushing your teeth i dont know how many times, i am getting to the point where i am embarassed to talk up close to people now incase my breath is smelling :( any advice would be greatly appreciated i am on liquid diet for 4 weeks and had my band tuesday just gone. X

The furry mouth will pass Claire. I know its horrid but its because your body goes into ketosis which means it is burning fat.

The only thing you can do is drink more so that the ketones are flushed out with your wee instead of through your mouth.

Thanks Sambucca hun... all i am doing is drinking everywhere i go there is a drink with me, unfortunately its not a vodka lol struggling to get 2 pints down me yet though so just mixing the drinks about for variety, nearly there though, only half a pint more a day and i am at what they want me to be at, not bad since only a few days post op i am pleased and sooooooooooooo happy with how everything has gone and the not feeling hungry is a very weird feeling, i hope it lasts for as long as possible as really on a high at the moment and dont want to lose this feeling but i have a feeling i will, but we will see :) X

Hi Claire, congrats on your op. I had a furry mouth too and found ice cubes and natural yoghurt helped. Not sure why it did but my mouth felt less like a mossy cave. x

Thanks jenni i will get some ice cubes made tomorrow, will have to send hubby out for some trays :) i only noticed the way my mouth felt today ( well the me thinking i had bad breath ) although hubby said it doesnt i dont know if he is just being polite bless him and not want to upset me, the furriness is doing my head in lol running out of toothpaste fast hehe x

Hiya Jezabelle I can honestly say i am getting the ODD dull ache from where the port is i think but apart from that i am pain free, i can now lay on my back in bed and get out of bed no problems, obviously not leap out of bed but i can get up and move about alot more easier than a couple of days ago, i have to remind myself i have had surgery as to not to over do it as i am feeling great, i can honestly say the pain i had after my gall bladder operation was worse than this :) all happy days Jezabelle X
When are you seeing Adrian again? When i seen him on tuesday he said i had to go to weight management clinic in 6 weeks time for a check up, i hope i get to see him again ;) lol X

Try those peppermint mouth sprays - they keep the smell at bay - it's not actually coming from the mouth but the gut, but the spray will disguise the smell as it passes through the mouth. I bought an extra hard toothbrush and cleaned my tongue rigorously a few times a day as my tongue felt disgusting.

Hi claire def agree with tpt the mouth sprays are very good i used to use them when i did atkins and i was in atkins and scared to talk to anyone lol.
How are you feeling hun, wishing u a speedy recovery xx

Congrats to you and best of luck with everything! :clap::clap::cross:

Cuppacocoa xx

Hi claire def agree with tpt the mouth sprays are very good i used to use them when i did atkins and i was in atkins and scared to talk to anyone lol.
How are you feeling hun, wishing u a speedy recovery xx

Hiya Roch... Thanks for the well wishes, i am feeling absolutely on top of the world and so happy, its a very strange feeling, hubby has just gone to tesco's to do the weekly shop and asked me what i needed, i said 6 pints of milk and yoghurts 9p value yoghurts blended with milk and put through a strainer are to die for :) he said well this weeks shopping bills gonna be next to nothing is it lol very strange feeling not to eat though and not to feel hungry.... How are you doing? X

Back