• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Felt like a dump but not sure know why??

everpositive

Hmmm strange one for you??

I woke up this morning feeling fine, had a good nights sleep, sorted out some clean washing, came downstairs, took my prozac capsule washed down with my normal protein shake. About 6 mins later, I came over all weird:(. Really lethargic, zonked out with that awful racing heart thing. Couldnt take the kids to school because, I felt unsure about driving feeling that bad. It did pass after about 30 minutes but it was so not nice!!!

I dont understand it though. It cant be the protein shake coz these are the ones I've been having before and since the op. It could be there is some sugar in the prozac capsule but there again, I've taken them since the op with no nasty outcome?!?!? What happened? The only other thing I can think of is its the time of the month for me and maybe its coz my body isnt taking enough in coz of the fluid only thing. Did I maybe just have a funny turn and it wasnt linked at all to the shake and the prozac?? Very bizarre!!:confused::confused:

that is strange... but i have been told just because something agrees with me one day and i can tolarate it doesnt mean i can the next, dont know if thats the prob, i have not dumped yet so i dont know what it is like, could you ring the dietician maybe at the hospital and ask her?

Hi
There's different ways to dump and they are not necassarily the nasty kind ! i get tired and lethargic after a big meal, and this is a form of mild dumping, but because its so mild i just get on with it !

I dont know much about the prozac, do you need to take it with food, as that may be the reason, many drugs do require you to have food inside you.
You could try and re create the exact events and see if it happens again ?

... i have been told just because something agrees with me one day and i can tolarate it doesnt mean i can the next ...

I think that is probably the case as it does sound like a dump, the way I get them.

The journey really is 'one day at a time' & not get too comfortable with what works one day will necessarily work the next!! :confused:

i'm not sure on this one but i think you have to have solid food if taking prozac as those sound like the side effects from the tablets. i know my friends on those and if she doesn't eat with them, she has heart pulpitations, feels dizzy, shaky, light headed etc.x

Back