• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Numbness back and side of calf

fuze

Hey guys. Sorry about this, all i seem to do is moan on here these days. Anyway about 5 or so days ago i noticed a numbness of the skin on the back and side of my calf. I have just been to the GP who is testing my bloods etc but he thinks its to do with a reduced B12. I had a lowish level before my op and had a B12 jab before my op, I only had surgery just over a month ago and I dont think that is enough time for my B12 to drop.

I was just wondering if anyone else has had something like this ever?

Hi hun am sorry i cant help you but did not want to read and run, am sure their will be lots of experienced post op peeps along soon, hope it gets sorted soon xxx

I get numbness in the sides of my thighs if I sleep on one side too long. I was told pre op it was a trapped nerve and nothing to worry about. Havent been to GP since surgery so not asked about B12. Would love to find out now if that may be a factor.

Watching replies with interest ;)

It is not when i sleep on it, it is happening all the time. By that I mean that it is always there, the sensation has not returned for about 5 days or so ago. hummm.......

Fuze -isn't this something to do with the way you are positioned during the op? It can take weeks and weeks to correct itself - better off asking one of the theatre nurses or the surgeon how they placed you?

How is the weight loss coming along - any improvements?

No its not to do with the positioning as it only stared about 5 days ago it would have been there since the op if it was. Thanks for the thought though. The weight is still stuck at the same, its been there three weeks now.

Didnt want to read and run but just wanted to say hope yu get it sorted out soon Fuze!

:) xxxx

Back