• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Nurse appointment tomorrow

Luther

Hello all I have my first appointment with the weight management nurse tomorrow it is my initial assessment hope it goes ok any advice most welcome

Cheryl

Last edited:
Hello all I have my first appointment with the weight management nurse tomorrow it is my initial assessment hope it goes ok any advice most welcome

Cheryl

They will measure your height and starting weight in order to establish your BMI.

Don't stand tall when they measure your height.
Wear your heaviest clothes.
Drink as much water as you can before your weigh-in. Hold it all in.
'Lucky' coins in your pockets.

Thanks I will do all those things does when my doctor weighed me and took my height not count is it more about what my measurements are tomorrow

Cheryl

Ask loads of questions & advice. They are there to help & support you.

Good luck x x

Thanks Dispite my best efforts my BMI was39.8 but I do have asthma and have the risk of developing full diabetes due to gestational diabetes last year and type 2 diabetics in my family so I am going to a weight seminar in the next three weeks then end of may start my lighter life 12week course in which I have to lose weight then if I lose enough my doctor then sends me back to surgeon who will decide best option for me hope this sounds about right thanks

Cheryl

I'm sure you'll lose weight on the lighter life course. I lost 5.5 stone in the 12 weeks, just couldn't afford anymore and couldn't keep it off.

I think I have the wrong name it is the lighter for life weight management course sorry the one with your doctor 5 half stone WOW

Cheryl

Back