• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Dr Leeder 29th September Derby Hospital eeeeeeek!!

becky88

Ok so finally some news, I have an appointment 29th September to see Dr Leeder where I hope to discuss revision surgery. Im so nervous about it all! is there any advice to people that have been through this process, what to expect etc. Shall I take in questions will he weight me, etc any advice appreciated muchly :D

OMG :mad:
spoke to soon the receptionist just rung me to say she now cannot offer me an appointment, because there has to be a meeting with the whole bariatric team to discuss my case first :eek::break_diet: . So I spoke to Catherine who ever she may be, and told her my current weight, so they have current information. I don't know if this meeting desides if u have funding, or what? its next Wednesday. Urgh feel sick now :(

The meeting with the full team usually discusses your progress and your suitability for surgery. Does your hospital have Bariatric Co-ordinator or Nurse you can talk to?

hi Chrisy I spoke to a lady that explained the purpose of the meeting was to discuss my case and look at the chances of me getting funding. Im glad I rung as they had the wrong weight data for me, which could mean the difference between funding and not. I haven't heard back though, I guess the meeting may be this Wednesday instead, I just hope I hear soon im so so so nervous.

Hi - Just wondering if you had your meeting and how you got on?

hello guys, unfortunately I still know absolutely nothing! urgh, I actually have an appointment tomorrow to have some fluid taken out of my band, so I will probe more then. I have spoken today to Mr Leeder's secretary who says that the letter has been typed, but not signed, and it will be sent out when its signed. My goodness, im not usually a complainer but my GP sent this letter 2 months ago, and still no reply :( not very happy. Just because I don't know what there going to say, how they feel about revision, if they have the right data. You can never actually speak to Mr Leeder ever, so its impossible. Im hoping that at my defil tomorrow, the nurse will look at my file and see if she can see this pesky letter! I know its annoying the staff me ringing, its annoying me, so why don't they just tell me already! LOL

Back