• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What!! Milk diet over Crimbo??

:/ was hoping it would be a bit sooner, I did my tier 3 in Kent where I am, I've had 2 appointments already at L&D.. 1st was to see the nurse and clinician and 2nd was to see nurse, dietician and psychologist, but psych cancelled and rescheduled until 11th.. Dietician put me on 4 week milk diet at that apt as I hadn't done it in my tier 3. I was told my next appointments after this would be to see the surgeon.. I do hope it is quicker than April. Xx
I will cross my fingers for you, but I saw the surgeon in Dec and was done April. They are a bit quicker now but it will be around April time most likely.

Fingers crossed for an early op for you Tori.

Thank you, I'm so looking forward to my next appointment now, I'm good to go and know I've done all they have asked! I shall update as soon as I can next week! :D xx

Thank you, I'm so looking forward to my next appointment now, I'm good to go and know I've done all they have asked! I shall update as soon as I can next week! :D xx

I did the milk diet 4 weeks August time it killed so Congrats over Christmas I thought it was weird too I'm on there tier three programme at the moment last appointment stated to be referred early 2016 so I'm hoping that means before may as that is my original date then not sure how long teir 4 takes? ????

Hi Foxy,
It's not the best, I'm sick of the sight of milk and if I never drank another drop after this I don't think I'd mind!!
I was referred back in May I think and had my first appointment in August, second in December and 3rd next week.. It's not been helped that they've apparently got issues with staff so I've had my psychologist appointment rescheduled from Dec to next week, although I have received a letter stating that I have the yes as long as I've hit the target weight loss they set last week and the psychologist is happy..
From what the nurse said, the next appointment would be with surgeon! I'm looking forward to it also much!
When is your next appointment? Xx

Hi Foxy,
It's not the best, I'm sick of the sight of milk and if I never drank another drop after this I don't think I'd mind!!
I was referred back in May I think and had my first appointment in August, second in December and 3rd next week.. It's not been helped that they've apparently got issues with staff so I've had my psychologist appointment rescheduled from Dec to next week, although I have received a letter stating that I have the yes as long as I've hit the target weight loss they set last week and the psychologist is happy..
From what the nurse said, the next appointment would be with surgeon! I'm looking forward to it also much!
When is your next appointment? Xx

My next appointment is the 13th of Feb I think I've hit my target well for teir 3 done disgusting milk thing had apnea test so I'm hoping that my wait won't be as long on to teir 4 that seems like along weight may to Aug darn I a was hoping to get the surgery this year well I will live in hope I hope that sort out staff seemed to be loads about lol xx

My next appointment is the 13th of Feb I think I've hit my target well for teir 3 done disgusting milk thing had apnea test so I'm hoping that my wait won't be as long on to teir 4 that seems like along weight may to Aug darn I a was hoping to get the surgery this year well I will live in hope I hope that sort out staff seemed to be loads about lol xx

Can I ask as getting confused I had to lose 10% of body weight which I've achieved but when going up to teir 4 will I have to loose more to prove myself again ???

I wouldn't have thought so, perhaps it's just because I'm doing tier 4 in a different place and because I lost nothing on tier 3! It's so different, especially when you do tier 3&4 in the hospital you'll be having surgery in! Xx

Hi my mdt is part of tier 4 pathway i think x i had the medical appointment with the heart scan and ecg x not sure how long after mdt app you see the surgeon x good luck everyone x i have struggled to lose my 10% but will def get it iff by the 24th of March x

Hi x coffeecup

Its my tier 3 target i have to reach x its been hard for me x but monday i am back on it x

Morning everyone!!
I'm off to Luton today for my appointment.. Just thought I'd update.. After a good start on the milk diet it all went wrong somehow in my first week and I put on 3lbs.. Not quite sure how as I had been following it to the letter, then I was struck with chest infection, laryngitis and sinus infection over Christmas and put onto antibiotics.. Was all better by the new year and carried on regardless of my head telling me to eat everything not nailed down!
I am so pleased this morning to weigh in 7kg lighter and below the target they set for me! A total loss of 12kg since starting Tier 4.
I shall update when I get back this evening after the appointment.. Have a good day :D xx

Oooh good luck xx

Soooo... I've just got back from my appointments, I can gratefully report that I am off the milk diet and now on their re-feed diet! I'd reached my target and got the ok from the psychologist so all go now until my next appointments with the anaesthetist and surgeon on the 22nd Feb :D :D things are really coming along now! Xx

Soooo... I've just got back from my appointments, I can gratefully report that I am off the milk diet and now on their re-feed diet! I'd reached my target and got the ok from the psychologist so all go now until my next appointments with the anaesthetist and surgeon on the 22nd Feb :D :D things are really coming along now! Xx
Arh brill! Shouldn't be long now then!! :)

Back