• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What!! Milk diet over Crimbo??

Tori.

So...
I have just got back from my second tier 4 appointment at Luton and Dunstable! I Saw the nurse and dietician, was supposed to see the psychologist, but it was cancelled!
Have got the joys of milk diet from 14 Dec to 11th Jan when I go to my next appointment to see psychologist and nurse to take me off the milk...
Any advice on how to survive 4 weeks of milk would be GREATLY appreciated :) xxx

beepbeepcat

Hi, may I ask have you been given a surgery date yet? I understand different areas do it different but when I went on to T4 I was informed funding was approved two weeks later saw surgeon two weeks later multi team for bloods checking everything would be ok with aesthetic and my overall ability to get over surgery three days later I had a call with a surgery date 11 days from that call. I had to start lsd which I could choose low cal with no fat or sugars or milk diet, I chose low cal. It just seems odd how its sooo different.

Tori.

Hi beepbeepcat!
No date yet as not seen the surgeon!
I did my tier 3 in Maidstone with for healthy weight and didn't find it at all helpful, I then chose to go to Luton and Dunstable for my tier 4, if I would have done my tier 3 at the hospital I would have done the 4 week milk diet on that to see if I can commit to a liquid only diet, that's the reason I'm doing it now! I will then have to do 2 weeks milk diet pre op diet once I've been given my date!
Everywhere is so different with the content of the tiers it's so confusing! Xx

beepbeepcat

Defiantly is, surely they should make a more uniformed approach.

sundown

Confused. So the hospital has told you to do a 4 week milk diet over Christmas just to see if you can do a milk diet...and it's nothing to do with a pre-op??

That's just bizarre!

los in it

From what ive read on here doing any LSD before any surgery date is given could be pointless as if I recall right the liver only reduces in size soo much then not anymore so may have to go throught the diet a second time,1 time is enough especially for the time scale of 4 long weeks!

sophiapink100

I had to do an 8 week milk diet before I got my surgery date and I did mine over Xmas. Let me tell you it wasn't easy. You just have to focus on long term goals. There is no easy way to get through it I'm afraid x good luck x

carebear1

I also did mine over xmas and for 4 wks because my BMI was over 50. My milk diet was last minute I wasn't expecting it when i went to a routine dietician appt, Then I got called with an op date. It was really hard especially as I was the one cooking for everyone but what kept me from cheating was the fear of waking up and being told they couldn't do it because my liver hadn't shrunk. I was already worried about the op and didn't want to put myself through the stress twice.

Be strong, xmas comes every yr so you can enjoy next years. GL :)

Tori.

Confused. So the hospital has told you to do a 4 week milk diet over Christmas just to see if you can do a milk diet...and it's nothing to do with a pre-op?? That's just bizarre!

Yep! It's included in their tier 3 programme, I'm doing it now because I did my tier 3 out of county! Xx

Tori.

I had to do an 8 week milk diet before I got my surgery date and I did mine over Xmas. Let me tell you it wasn't easy. You just have to focus on long term goals. There is no easy way to get through it I'm afraid x good luck x

I know I'll be ok, just need to plough through and do it with blinkers on! What's getting me through is that I could soon have my surgery! Xx

Tori.

From what ive read on here doing any LSD before any surgery date is given could be pointless as if I recall right the liver only reduces in size soo much then not anymore so may have to go throught the diet a second time,1 time is enough especially for the time scale of 4 long weeks!

I don't think they're doing it because of liver shrinkage.. That's done 2 weeks before op, which I'll have to do too! This is to see if I can tolerate a liquid only diet and really to prove I can jump through their hoops too! Xx

sundown

I don't think they're doing it because of liver shrinkage.. That's done 2 weeks before op, which I'll have to do too! This is to see if I can tolerate a liquid only diet and really to prove I can jump through their hoops too! Xx

Christ - as if there aren't enough hoops to jump through as it is! It's not as though a milk diet is in any way a taste of the long-term eating changes we all need to make. It's just a taste of an extreme diet needed to shrink a liver for operation.

That sounds like some idiot bureaucrat in your NHS region has introduced that just to create more red tape before they finally have to cough up the funding.

The very best of luck for it!

Tori.

You're right, just another hoop! I know I can tolerate a liquid only diet, it's just showing them! I've started it early and am now only 12 lb from my target! Still I shall comply, I want this too bad to argue! Xx

Tori.

Just thought I'd update.. I've hit the target the hospital set, 9 days early! I'm so proud of myself!
I also received a letter from the hospital saying that I have my final yes as long as I hit target and get signed off by the psychologist! :) xx

jooz0301

Really great x i have my mdt appointment in March got to reach my target by then x
Hope you get a date soon xx

Yvessa

Only just spotted this - 4 week milk diet is Lutons normal process :) When you go back to see the dietician you should have your triple. Then surgeons appt after that and then the surgeon should give you op date! If waiting times are similar, you're looking around april time for op.

Tori.

:/ was hoping it would be a bit sooner, I did my tier 3 in Kent where I am, I've had 2 appointments already at L&D.. 1st was to see the nurse and clinician and 2nd was to see nurse, dietician and psychologist, but psych cancelled and rescheduled until 11th.. Dietician put me on 4 week milk diet at that apt as I hadn't done it in my tier 3. I was told my next appointments after this would be to see the surgeon.. I do hope it is quicker than April. Xx

_Victoria_

Good luck, Tori! :) I hope your op comes sooner rather than later. Congrats on reaching your target already, thats great!