• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

o/t H1N1 innoculations are you having yours?

I wasn't going to have it but after talking to the nurse I changed my mind and had it done on Friday. While I was driving to the appointment I heard on the radio that members of the household of a person at risk should also have the jab. I asked the nurse and she said she would double check and ring me later in the day.

When I got home I explain this to my daughter, she was not pleased and said dhe would leave home rather than have it :(.
A couple of hours later the nurse rang and said my daughter must have it (for me) as she would be putting me at risk (I take immunosuppressant). I think that scared her and she went straight to the dr's and was having the jab within 15min of the nurse ringing :).

Pinky xx

I wasn't going to have it but after talking to the nurse I changed my mind and had it done on Friday. While I was driving to the appointment I heard on the radio that members of the household of a person at risk should also have the jab. I asked the nurse and she said she would double check and ring me later in the day.

When I got home I explain this to my daughter, she was not pleased and said dhe would leave home rather than have it :(.
A couple of hours later the nurse rang and said my daughter must have it (for me) as she would be putting me at risk (I take immunosuppressant). I think that scared her and she went straight to the dr's and was having the jab within 15min of the nurse ringing :).

Pinky xx
Bless your daughter! They're good when they need to be, aren't they! x

Im going for mine on th 10th, as my OHs mum has been having chemo and has crones and technically we live in the same house hold (although we actually live up the lane) but i do come into contact with her and would hate to pass anything onto her while she is so poorly!

.x.

I haven't decided but prob. won't be having one.

I had the regular flu shot but the H1N1 is not avail. to the general public yet (only certain cases) and by the time it is, the winter will prob. be over anyway.

I had mine 4 weeks ago(diabetic)..had to have the flu jab too. My right arm got really swollen and itchy like a gnat bite, took a few weeks to calm down. Not sure which jab it was though. My one yr old has to go and have it too.

dont know if its any help to the undecided but im asthmatic and i got swine flu in September and i have never felt so bad. I spent 10 days in bed and only got up to go to the loo. my husband was working away and my daughter was very worried about me, i got tamiflu but all that did was give me nightmares. i could hardly breathe and at one point did feel like ringing an ambulance i can honestly say i have never felt so ill.

some people i know have also had it and have been fine only poorly for a couple of days but i was not so lucky.

im absolutely fine now and cant beleive that i ever felt so bad

sallie

Back