• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

O/T really worried about my dog

Hiya - dogs shake for a number of reasons - quite often when they are in pain (if there are no obvious factors like fear etc). It does symptomatically sound like a small TIA / stroke but really could be a number of things. Any convulsion usually causes loosening of the bowels and depression, so it may be that he has had some type of fit - his bloods will reveal that if it is the case. Keep him calm, ventilated, cool and don't stress over him as he will pick up on your anxiety and it will cause him further distress - hard I know. Keep his fluids up, he will let you know when he wants food and let us know what the vet said. Best of luck and give him a kiss from me & my hounds.

Aww poor love :( I have a dog who is also 9. The only advice I can give is to get him to your vet who will be able to give you an answer. Are there any fireworks going off in your area? Lara (my dog) hates fireworks and they cause her to shake and just not be herself. I hate fireworks :(

Sorry I missed this thread Sam and have everythign crossed that your poor dog is ok.

My little dog is in his 20's now (human years too) and we had a bit of a scare with him last week, but he's ok now. I don't know how we would have coped if it was anything bad, so know how you must be feeling.

Take care xxx

Thank you all for your lovely posts and PM's and Im sorry its taken me so long to update the thread. Had no chance to get online last night and been back to work today for my first day.

Jake is a little better. Neil took him to vets last night and he had started to improve a little by then. Vet doesnt think any cause for concern and that he had prob just eaten something he shouldnt like some of you suggested. He took bloods as precaution and was due to phone Neil today with results. Ive not heard anything so am assuming no news is good news.

He's drinking now but still not eating. He's still v lethargic too but looking much better than he did yesterday. Fingers crossed he makes a full and speedy recovery.

Hi Sam, I'm really glad he's feeling better. It's such a worry when they're not well because they can't tell you anything. Let us know the results of the blood test. Fingers crossed that it was just something 'passing through'. xx

:happy036:Breaths a big sigh of relief
So glad he's on the mend.
It's so sad when they can't tell you what's wrong with them.

(((hugs)))

Glad to hear he is on the mend x

Thank you all for your lovely posts and PM's and Im sorry its taken me so long to update the thread. Had no chance to get online last night and been back to work today for my first day.

Jake is a little better. Neil took him to vets last night and he had started to improve a little by then. Vet doesnt think any cause for concern and that he had prob just eaten something he shouldnt like some of you suggested. He took bloods as precaution and was due to phone Neil today with results. Ive not heard anything so am assuming no news is good news.

He's drinking now but still not eating. He's still v lethargic too but looking much better than he did yesterday. Fingers crossed he makes a full and speedy recovery.

Hi Sam,

I know it is heart breaking for you seeing Jake unwell like this. My own baby dog has given me a few scares and thankfully has been able to bounce back as good as new.

Sending prayers that Jake will make a speedy recovery.

Love Mini xxx

hi glad to here hes getting better the kds have staeted letting fierworks off here and my staffiex is not liking it one bit she lies there shaking and whimpering and this is just the startof it all . keep us posted on how he is doing im sure he will be fine............kath x

Thanks for letting us know Sam.....Hope work went well and Jake is feeling a lot better by now Xx

Just a very quick update. Jake is much better this morning. He managed some food last night and has drunk loads of water.

Thanks so much for all your concern, on here, by PM and by Text. Its very much appreciated xxx

Sam just caught your thread as been on hols, but so so glad Jake is doing well it is such a worry when they are ill
I have a eleven yr old boxer and I just hate when he is poorly
Hope Jake gets stronger day by day and back to his usual cheeky self soon

Jay xx

Back