• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Off to the gym for the first time post-op!

Mio

Got my gym induction tonight. Am strangely looking forward to it... What's that all about?

:D

yay good luck Mio :) yeah, ive got a feeling im going to enjoy it when im post op, woop! have fun :) xxx

Am really looking forward to it - I mean, I managed to climb the three flights of stairs to my office last week without being out of breath AND without knee pain for the first time ever! Have been doing it every day since and the feeling of accomplishment is amazing. Really looking forward to seeing what else I can do :)

Gym was really good (shame the staff were about as useful as a chocolate teapot *rolls eyes*)

Took it easy with 10 mins on bike and treadmill, 10 mins resistence weights and a cool down. Would've nipped into the stream room if I'd known it was there beforehand but didn't bring my cossie and they're mixed sex *lol* They had an aromatherapy room too which felt wonderful so will remember for next time ;-)

Glad you enjoyed it Mio!

My gym closed down last month :( so I may have to rejoin the more expensive one which I pass everyday - oh well needs must!

Im joining up just for the swimming to start with this time then the gym later on after my op.

i can't swim :-( always wanted to learn but been to self-conscious to wear a cossie.... However, this spring I will be taking lessons at my local pool :-D

Well u set me off, first swim since op, nice n refreshing! picked up details for spa centre so next time I can go in for a nice relax too! No point me joining gym as don't stick at it, but considering hiring a treadmill at home for 4wk, at least then I can watch my soaps n exercise lol

Back