• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Oh dear dumped today (I think)

zns

:cry:I have been to the hospital today to get my staples out (that went ok was a bit painful but not too bad) and on the way as its so far I had my soup in the car, I didnt realise I was eating too fast. An hour later I was in agony, all hot and sweaty and really feeling pretty poorly. I think it was dumping syndrome from eating too fast :( I thought I was dying :eek:

In good news they say the wounds are healing well and I have now lost 23 lbs

Oh dear hun, its just a learning curvew isnt it? Can you dump with eating too fast? Yikes.

Well done on the loss hun! Brilliant!! :) xxxxx

wow well done z hun. let the scratching commence, lol

Dumping is from the sugars in food not from how fast you eat - what type of soup was it? Was it tomato by any chance?

I know its from the type of food but what happened was I had a protein shake and then beetroot soup straight after because I wasnt paying attention. Therefore forcing it all out into the intestines too quickly causing the sugars in the shake (i think rather than the soup) to be taken up too quickly from the intestines.

23 lb !!!! thats great !! is that including the pre op diet?
Im dreading my first 'dump' :S hope youre feeling better now hun and at least youve learnt what not to do in the future, :) xxx

Sounds like dumping, and I've also had it from eating too fast. I suppose there are natural sugars in things which can cause problems? Beetroot is pretty sweet isn't it? You live and learn honey.
Well done on the weight loss and the staples out.

thats a great weight loss,I dumped on carrot soup!
lucky I only had a tiny bit,when I felt..something isnt right here and stopped eating it.

take care x

Not wanting to contradict anyone, it is well documented that you can dump from eating too fast: food passing through the stomach & entering the small intestine too quickly can trigger it (as was probably the case with the soup). Weird that such things can set you off, though! Brilliant weight loss as well, well done! You must be really pleased. xxx

awww poor you, i have only dumped twice and that was on sugar ( i thought i could get a way with chocolate and also ice cream!) it is the most horrible feeling in the world!
xxx

Not wanting to contradict anyone, it is well documented that you can dump from eating too fast: food passing through the stomach & entering the small intestine too quickly can trigger it (as was probably the case with the soup). Weird that such things can set you off, though! Brilliant weight loss as well, well done! You must be really pleased. xxx

Yes, I've dumped on milky coffee twice, drunk it too fast, and also corned beef hash- eat it too fast, and on very spicy fresh tomatoe soup- washed it down with diluted apple juice straight away, because my mouth was on fire! silly moo - dumplington!

It's a pain, but I'd still rather dump than not.:)

Back