• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Think I dump on protein shakes.

simplylucy

I just tried my first protein shake and I think it was going to make me dump. :eek:

I had one tiny sip of the chocolatenut one and got that instant stomach cramp/sick feeling that I had when I dumped on a yogurt.

I'm too scared to try anymore now, just in case.

I bought the protein shakes that people have recommended on here.

Does anyone else dump on them?

First time i had a protein shake i went a little warm but have been fine since. However i'm not a good one to comment as i'm not a dumper (yet) but i live in hope :) xx

I really dislike protein shakes, in fact the thought of another lighter life/cambridge diet type protein shake could probably make me dump without it going near my mouth! I am going to try and stick to adding extra marvel powder to semi skimmed milk in shakes, smoothies and milky drinks and putting cooked turkey (very cheap low fat protein) or grated cheese blended into any of my soups that are primarily vegetable based. Just oven cook turkey mince and freeze small portions to add to soups/vegetable purees.

Hey and this actually tastes nice too!! Bonus . . .:sign0151:

I was told by my dietician to avoid Protein shakes like the plague. she said they are meant for Athletes etc and are not good for us, so I have never tried one on that basis. :confused:

Oh yes any protein shakes, build up drinks, supplements that they try and give you for nutrition, I definately dump on, including slimfast and ones I used prior to surgery, so it is really a battle for me especially as I have been so low, but hey ho I keep plodding on!!

Hugs
Angie

I used them for months post op and was fine with them. Have a look at the sugar content and if needs be look at other products. There are lots of ways to get your protein in though if you cant have them x

My dieticians say that it is of course better to get your protein from your diet but if you are struggling its certainly better to take them than not, if you dont get enough your hair falls out and you feel pretty naff. Im using it at the moment on the liquid stage as I dont really like milk on its own especially with marvel mixed in!

I had the fortemel just after my op but got fed up of them. Never bought any protein stuff just try to get it in my food

Protein Bullets are the key to my busy lifestyle - 27g of protein in 83ml of liquid. The little Pro-Slams are my saving grace.

Back