• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

OH MY!! I Dumped big time..lol

emma-louise

my new life!!
well........I dumped big time!!
Im actually glad it happened in a funny sort of way!
It serves me right..Today I was drained,I mentioned before previous that I go every couple of days of feeling right as rain,and then I have a day of lack of energy and feel very weak.
So I thought Im going to have a bit of chocolate for a bit of energy.
After 10 mins I rushed to the loo,with bad pains in the tummy!and you can guess what followed..it wasnt nice,but I was ok after the loo visit.
But I tell you...wow its gonna keep me on the straight and narrow.
As I hate to think if I did this while away from home and not near a loo..lol
LESSON LEARNT!

Oh poor you! but as you say, good lesson learnt! Dumping sure keeps you on the straight and narrow! Hope you're ok now honey. xxxx

Oooo dear, it will deffinately keep you on the straight and narrow lol, unless you invest in a porta potty! XX

thanks charis and jaqcui,

yes Im ok,and I will NEVER eat cheap nasty choc again!
lol...I actually laughed after I was ok..silly me

Go for an Atkins bar if you want a chocolate hit! It's not chocolate, but it tastes like it to me!

om em, what are yu like,? the atkins bars are lovly, tesco do em for £6 for 4 sounds a lot, but worth it, and they have a lot of protein in em too, any atkins products should be ok for us. handy to keep in your bag in case you get caught out anywhere and need a meal.
your lucky you only had the loo bit of dumping, just imagine if youd have had the other side of it too, lol, you make me chuckle. take care babes, and get some atkins bars in, there is a website that have a lot more choices, its in the uk but i dont know the addy for it, try googling it, but tesco etc do carry a small range of stuff. have a good day huni, big hugs xxxx

Oh honey. I am so sorry it happened to you. It will definitely keep you on the straight and narrow. It happened to me with Skittles and I am terrified of them now.

Well Em., it's a huge deterrent... chocolate would add such a lot of calories and just slide down if you would let it and who wants to go back to square one!

Keep going Angel, so proud of you and you are doing so brilliantly... love you so much and take care Emma xxx

Lucky escape! It sounded like a mini-dump or maybe even cramps from processing fat & sugar, as our bodies no longer have the capacity to process it slowly and fully, our bowel goes into spasm and then... woosh! Cream or highly fatty foodstuffs can make the bowel cramp dreadfully.

A full-on dump is a nasty experience indeed and I will never forget my first one. I was asleep for 2 hours afterwards. The odd thing is that I don't dump on all sweet stuff; I can eat some chocolate and yet not others. I wish I dumped at the mere sniff of sugar!

Some people are such sensitive dumpers that they dump on white bread or pizza dough (I wish I couldn't eat them either!).

Bailey's Irish Cream deffo makes me dump, so now I am thankfully limited to a splash in coffee as an occasional treat.

Em, i really want to try something really BAD to see if i'm a dumper but i'm so worried that i won't be then the bypass won't work, the Atkins bars do work wonders though & are worth every penny :)

Sounds like a "fat" dump as opposed to a sugar dump. I was told if its a loo visit only its a reaction to fat, if it makes you sick dizzy and tired and almost out of commission for a while its a sugar dump. My chocolate hit is either, atkins bars, sugar free choc or kellogs fibre plus bars x

oh huni b careful i dumped on a few baked beans a few wks after op lol it was horendous i had bad palpatations pains in tummy vomited had the trots i was sweaty and couldnt stop wrenching for a good half an hour only went with a bit of sleep it must of bean the sugar content in the beans or the mini sausage in it im not sure which lol glad to say im ok with beans now tho lol and unfortunatly i can tolerate a lil bit of choclate now but i never push it coz i dont want to b ill like that again thought i was dying lol

Lucky escape! It sounded like a mini-dump or maybe even cramps from processing fat & sugar, as our bodies no longer have the capacity to process it slowly and fully, our bowel goes into spasm and then... woosh! Cream or highly fatty foodstuffs can make the bowel cramp dreadfully.

A full-on dump is a nasty experience indeed and I will never forget my first one. I was asleep for 2 hours afterwards. The odd thing is that I don't dump on all sweet stuff; I can eat some chocolate and yet not others. I wish I dumped at the mere sniff of sugar!

Some people are such sensitive dumpers that they dump on white bread or pizza dough (I wish I couldn't eat them either!).

Bailey's Irish Cream deffo makes me dump, so now I am thankfully limited to a splash in coffee as an occasional treat.

oooohhh glad you mentioned that hun i was thinkin a dribble of baileys was in order at crimbo time but now im thinkin erm no lol

mmmmmmmmm Baileys! is this another of life's little pleasures lost? what about Drambuie? Grand Marnier? I love liquers!

i thnk possibly that at first we are ultra sensitive to lots of things, and as our rewiring settles down, and our systems get used to things, we can probably be a bit more adventurous, which could be why somthing we dump on a couple of months after surgery, we may be ok with a few months down the line. its just a thought but it does make a bit of sense to me. its like anything new, things need to wear in and adjust.

I had a similar dump on one guylian seashell chocolate I just HAD to try! Ended up in the loo for half an hour!

Re liqueurs - I think they are all really rather too sweet for us and may cause a sugar dump. I however have a plan . . . . I am thinking about trying to make myself some sloe gin for Christmas using Splenda instead of sugar . . . just not sure if it will work?

I thought that if I pick some sloes and put them in a bottle with splenda and some gin and just leave them for a while . . . would it be any different to the normal stuff I make with sugar? I will try and experiment.

I normally make Damson Vodka, Blackberry Whiskey and Sloe Gin at this time of the year and I will be a bit sad if I cant try any of them over Xmas and New Year!! If they work with Splenda they would be fine for a quick 'tot' I am sure. I know alcohol is not good in the overall big picture of wls but a little shot over Xmas could be a real treat if it does not make us dump!!?

Back