• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Oh God, I am starving !!!

I have to, its soooo hard, my fingernails look like a 3 course meal at the mo, but there’s no way im going to go through a week in hospital, all that worry, to find they cant do the bypass. Keep focused, one day at a time, don’t look at it as 2 weeks. Conquer today and feel great that you’ve managed it and then start again tomorrow. YOU CAN DO IT.

try some fruit, i wouldnt chew gum as it makes ur stomach think ur getting food so u will be hungery even more that was a dietican told me, i was starvin on my pre op diet but i just ate fruit and drank more fluids, i will admit wen i was really hungry i had a sneaky cracker lol x

I'm the same at the minute. Sooooo hungry all the time especially at work (which is where I nibble the most). I've been eating carrots, apples and drinking lots of fruit teas in an effort to stave off the hunger.

It's very difficult, I gave up smoking and drinking 2 months before my op. There's no easy answer I'm afraid. You need to focus on the goal. I made a list of thing's I wanted to do when I was thinner, different tasks at different stages of weight loss (goals). I used them to help me when I was struggling. xx

I have never been a smoker, but I can imagine its very difficult to kick the habbit, so I am not sure if quitting at the same time as your pre Op diet is a good thing, but well done to you.
keep fighting the hunger, you can do it. ;)

Back