• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

OH MY GOD!!

rosejohnson

Home from the USA :-(
I can't quite believe this, I posted last week as I had been to the GP and the GP said no to referring me for abdominoplasty and I was gutted.

Well today I got a letter to make an appointment with a plastic surgeon!!!

The GP obviously changed her mind :)

Rx

Last edited:
Great to hear Rose xx

Thats excellant news hun :D

Fantastic! dont know if I would be brave enough to get it done but good luck, hope you dont have to wait too long x

Oh WOW. Great news x

is it at durham ? with mr erdman ?

It's Sunderland Royal. Doesn't say who it is with, just says plastic surgeon. I actually don't know when the appointment is as it was the chose and book thing where you ring for an appointment and when I phoned they didn't have any appointments. Apparently I will get it in the post within 14 days.

Liz how long did they make you wait for your surgery? Did they make you keep your weight off for a certain time?

Rx

once your surgeon says that you are suitable for surgery. You should only have to wait 18 weeks maximum for your surgery. (NHS targets)

The PCT will probably have to OK the money before you can be added to the list, but this early in the financial year that shouldn't be a sticking point!

Good luck!

Sadly, I have had a letter from the GP saying the PCT have declined the application for funding, and that I have to keep the weight off for 2 years before I can be re-referred.

I am absolutely gutted.

Rx

Aww Rose, I'm sorry to hear that hun. At least they are saying that they will look at it in 2 years, but i know that wont give you any comfort right now. My loose skin is horrendous too at the moment so I can empathise with how fed up you must be feeling at getting this decision.

Hi Rose, I haven't been around for a while. Just saw this and am really sorry that they've declined it. have you thought about appealing? I know you can and sometimes they do change their mind. anyway, it's worth a thought..xx

Back