• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

OH NO .........

gaelic girl

Loving Being a Loser
Morning guys
Well i decided to stand on the scales this morning for the first time in a while and as the title suggests it wasn't good. I was 14 months post op last Thursday and i can honestly say for the first time ever i have GAINED weight 3lbs to be precise! I seem to be hungry all the time these days and i feel very bloated, i haven't had a totm for 8 months so don't think that is connected. I seem to be able to eat more at mealtimes than i did before but no where near the portions of the rest of my family. I feel gulity being upset about this given poor Charis being so ill but i was in tears this morning it brought back all the horrible pre op memories of just watching the scales go up. I'm worried i'm on the road to old habits. I'd appreciate any of your suggestions as to how you got back on track if you have been in this position, Thanks and big hugs xx

I can gain 5-6lbs when I am on shifts in 3 days but I can work it off. Our bodies fluctuate up and down all the time. Have a wee, it's probably going to come off then!

Aw Allie, as you know Ive only just had my op so I havnt got any pearls of wisdon for you, I just wanted to say I would feel exactly the same! Sending you a massive (HUG) stay positive hun, its probably just a blip within your body XXX

Hi Allie
Sorry you have had a bad weigh in, but you already know what you have to do.
You have had such a hectic couple of months so a small gain is perhaps to be expected.

You need to bring the focus back to you!

I have read about people having only liquid (soup, shakes) for a couple of days and this helping to bring back the feeling of restriction, maybe this is worth a go?

I'm sure you will get it sorted very soon!

hiya babe i worry bout this all the time but the only thing we can do when this happens is do more exercise ie walking swimming or goin the gym or bike riding even and if your feeling more hungry eat more meat at the meal time and more veg where not goin to put on that much with that are we?

Also eat more fruit and extra peice a day wouldnt hurt would it? but think about things hun have you gained muscle it may not be fat you may have just increased muscle i know it can be upseting seeing the scales go the wrong way but look at what you have acheived huni you look fantastic its only normal to be upset i assure you when i gain i will be on here crying and im sure you will give me all this info back lol so come on babae chin up where all here for you n this amazing emotional roller coaster that we call wls and life lol.xxxx

ooh just thought try the 5day pouch thing im sure that will help chic.xxxx hugs.xxxx

Hello Allie Angel,

I think you have had more than your fair share of stress lately and that can't help.

Maybe the stress is triggering the desire to eat more...

Perhaps it's time to keep a daily food diary and to check things out for a couple of weeks Angel...

You are doing fantastically well, so done beat yourself up and it's good you are raising the point now and doing something to help yourself.

Keep us posted precious and good luck as always... love you xxx

The great thing about this op is that it is easy to cut back for a while and the 3lb will soon go. If I put on a couple of pounds I just do a couple of days of liquids only (soups, protein drinks, milk etc). I think the reality is that we will always have to keep an eye on our weight but to not let it get too bad where you have to drastically diet (like before the op), cutting down carbs can also help as they do tend to creep in when we are feeling stressed. I'm sure it's nothing to worry about though - could be a bit of fluid retention if you are bloated.

Allie, every time you say Islander I think of Gullivers Island from years ago lol, thats how I will picture you on your little Island :D X

Allie, it's good that you are recognising the stress and dealing with it... as Mixxy said he gains and loses all of the time, so don't panic I'm sure you will be just fine...

It's everything happening at once and moving is such a huge issue in itself, new job is another ... need I go on ...

Just take it steady Angel and keep a diary and keep your strength up most importantly you will need it with what you have ahead... so eat nutricious food and keep your vitamins tip top.

Wish I were nearer, I'd be there helping you.

Loving hugs as always xxx

hi huni, if it were me id do that 5 day pouch test, from what ive heard, it really sorts your pouch out, and gets you back on track. big hugsxxx

Hi allie, hope you're feeling a bit more positive after all the supportive posts. With everything you've had going on recently it's no wonder your routine has been out and the scales will reflect that.
It's probably just your normal healthy eating has had to take a back seat for convenience while you are so busy trying to deal with everything else.
I bet if you did the 5 day pouch test or just upped your water and protein intake it would be off fast.
The good thing about this op is that we can't do what we did before - I know that when I was stressed/fed up etc. I would comfort eat and convenience eat, but not having that choice just now is a real blessing.
Keep in touch - I bet you'll be on here in a couple of days to say you're back on track again!
Take care.

Back