• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

OH NO .........

Hi Allie, just to say I would be worried like you if I put on weight, we think that after having this op we are immortal so it is bound to give you a shock.

The suggestions here are great, especially upping your protien and doing a diary.

good luck hun and hope you feel better soon.xx

Are you going to manage a Scottish meet up before you head off to the Isles??

Only just spotted your thread Allie. Sorry to hear the scales havent been kind to you hun.

I still weigh myself every day, and I know people are dead against that, but I fear regain so much that I know the minute I see those scales move upwards it will be the kick up the jacksy I need.

Theres lots you can try hun, cut the carbs, up the protein, up the fluids. I would try these things personally before doing the pouch test, just my humble opinion.

And as others have said, you've had a lot on your plate - so don't be too harsh on youself. Its only 3lb hun, better to kick that in to touch now than have a stone or so to deal with.

it does get harder though as we get further out. Keep up posted hun, as I'd love to know how you get on with shifting it.

Hi again!

I could do either day that weekend!

Any idea if that weekend suits the others? Will i leave it to you to post a '2nd Scottish Meet' thread? Is it Stirling again, or any other suggestions?

Will be great to see you again before your big move!

Hi Allie, I havnt been on for such a long time since I have adopted my grandchildren But hey ho It will come off soon. Your looking fab a dabba. Keep up the good work. Lub U!!!!!!! G.M xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Mate - 3lbs is a poo! Seriously it was going to chill out after a while (losing weight I mean) and it has, and now your body is just fluctuating - its normal and its fine. Keep with the protein first rile, plenty of liquids, and keep on smiling, and when you next poo...I bet it goes back down lol xx

I can relate to how you are feeling. I have been under a lot of stress too and the scales just aren't moving. I decided to try the 5 day pouch test to find my restriction again and get myself back on track.

I hope you can get back on track with the pouch test hun, You have doen fantastically xxx

Allie, whilst not as far on as you, I was concious that my weight loss had slowed right down. I decided to go on fluids, soups and protein shakes for a couple of days, which amazingly was really easy, I suppose the lack of hunger pangs helps! During these two days I realised just how the carbs had crept back into my diet, i.e. weetabix for breakkie, (I could eat 2 quite happily) matzos crackers and philly for lunch or a sandwich, baked crisps as a snack and peanuts OMG peanuts, I was scoffing them as if they were going to go extinct! I have to say that on the whole the amount that I was stuffing in my face was small, but still bad!
So after the reality check, I am now on protein shakes made with skimmed milk for breakfast, then soup for lunch and a protein loaded meal for tea. My weight loss has restarted yipee!

:)Have you started the FDPT yet Allie?
Good luck with it gorgeous lady!

Thank you again guys, Gail-Michelle how good to see you i wondered where you had gone, you have been busy with your new family. Sal thanks for the reassurance i just feel guilty i think. Lesley thanks for pointing out the carbs element i know they are creeping back in for me too! FL good luck with the 5 day pouch test and Em thanks for the compliment.Jacqui no havent started yet going to give it to the end of the week with being more careful and if nothing happens then its the 5 day pouch test for me x

Oh Allie, what a shock. However, it was only 3 pounds and now you,re aware of it. I think you have done very well and you have had so much stress over the last few months. I bet in the past it would have been stones rather than pounds. However, don't forget that our weight will fluctuate and if you're feeling bloated, you may be constipated or have some water retention.

You've had some really good advice. Take some time out for yourself. You've already identified that your carbs have been creeping up. You have always been such an inspirtation and support to me.

Sending lots of hugs and love.

Rebirth xx

Back