• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

ok.. anyone help?

right.. am now on day 2 of my post-op banding diet and am soooooooo confuuuuuuuused already??

according to the sheet given to me upon discharge - it says 3 meals a day, make sure plenty of liquids but nothing 15mins before a meal or for 30 mins after you have ate.. fair enough..

then on bospa it says to start with 4 - 5 SMALL meals a day..

one says 4 - 6 tablespoons of puree, somewhere else says up to 100g..

pleaseeeeeeeeee help me sort this out? my head is totally like addled..

I obviously dont want to be havin the wrong amount of the wrong thing (been good so far and had porridge, soup, stew, casseroles.. water, coffee..)

Had a bad day today.. slept past breakfast, had puree casserole for lunch, drank plenty fluids - well.. kinda.. and had a dizzy spell.. could it have been because am not eating the right time or cos am not having the right amount or what?
I havent come this far to screw up now.. so can anyone please advise?

<< planning on ringing dietician tomorrow after been n had dressings changed but had to ask because know least one person will have had this too..

right.. am now on day 2 of my post-op banding diet and am soooooooo confuuuuuuuused already??

according to the sheet given to me upon discharge - it says 3 meals a day, make sure plenty of liquids but nothing 15mins before a meal or for 30 mins after you have ate.. fair enough..

then on bospa it says to start with 4 - 5 SMALL meals a day..

one says 4 - 6 tablespoons of puree, somewhere else says up to 100g..

pleaseeeeeeeeee help me sort this out? my head is totally like addled..

I obviously dont want to be havin the wrong amount of the wrong thing (been good so far and had porridge, soup, stew, casseroles.. water, coffee..)

Had a bad day today.. slept past breakfast, had puree casserole for lunch, drank plenty fluids - well.. kinda.. and had a dizzy spell.. could it have been because am not eating the right time or cos am not having the right amount or what?
I havent come this far to screw up now.. so can anyone please advise?

<< planning on ringing dietician tomorrow after been n had dressings changed but had to ask because know least one person will have had this too..

hi mands, our surgeon runs on the 3 meals a day rule for banders & 4-5 tiny meals for bypassers so try an follow what they have advised you to do. the dizzynes may be just because your body is learning to ajust to its new way of life regarding food intake, it may be possible your not getting enough fluids.

Are you changing your own dressings or are they doing it for you ?

liz x

hi mands, our surgeon runs on the 3 meals a day rule for banders & 4-5 tiny meals for bypassers so try an follow what they have advised you to do. the dizzynes may be just because your body is learning to ajust to its new way of life regarding food intake, it may be possible your not getting enough fluids.

Are you changing your own dressings or are they doing it for you ?

liz x

am off to the GP surgery to see practice nurse for dressings changed and wounds checked.. wasn't sure if the dizzyness was down to not enough fluids or just a by-product as it were of not eating 'normal food'..
am still 'expelling' the excess air and am still struggling with the 3 meals full stop..
I never did breakfast, with still being tired, am not feeling hungry as such but know when my tum is empty - it rumbles like a 40ft artic wagon going over rumblestrips on the road .. lol..
I've been allowing myself 75g ( 4 - 6 tablespoons is just over 100g) of anything have had - and as OH said, if I have too much and stop and leave some it doesn't matter because am still 'learning' my limit.. would rather not have enough and stop when I feel the need to - than over-eat what have got and end up ill.. he asked me earlier did I want something for supper - maybe a plain yoghurt and turned it down.. even though have only had 2 meals today.. :sigh:
still suffering back pain - just behind my ribs, pain in one side of my body and wonderful TOTM pains too.. couldn't get better really could it.. :cry:

your only a couple of days out mands and what your experiencing is perfectly normal regarding not wanting to eat, this effect at the moment is only from the op swelling and it does go away and the desire to eat will return the more your body heals and the more the swelling subsides. try to keep a bottle of water by your side and sip on it regular i know its hard at 1st but each day will get easier i promise you that x

as for the gas pains get up walk around that is the main thing to do to get rid of these pains as just sitting makes it worse, moving is the major key to this part of the recovery process, take windeze, gripe water or peppermint tea as well as it will help the gas to disperse.

liz x

Hi Mand, I am a couple of days on you, with the liquids, for the first few days I was not hungry at all, I have either a slimfast/mullerlite for breaky, cupsoup/crispbread for lunch and soup/crispbread for tea. Today I am feeling more hungry, I think I can go onto mushy/puree on Monday, I am not sure if I will start the mushy or stay on the liquids yet. Just keep drinking loads of water if you can, do you take vits, I have been taking Berocco vit, they are quite good. I hope that you are feeling better today. Mandy x:eek:

Hi hun, I am a bypasser not a bander but I know how you feel. Remember that a nice cup of tea/coffee (if your doc says caffine is okay, use decaff or herbal if not) made milky will give you nutrition and liquids which are both important to healing. Just take it slow and ALWAYS go by your team's instructions over what you read online.

Hope you start feeling more comfortable soon.

Nic:D

Back