• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

HELP ALL POST BYPASSERS

Janeywanttoloosealot

OK HERE WE GO I HAVE BEEN READING SOME OF YOUR ENTRIES ON WHAT YOU CAN EAT AFTER A BYPASS. AM I DOING SOMETHING WRONG AS I CANNOT EAT THE THINGS OTHER PEOPLE SAY THEY CAN. i CANNOT EAT MEAT TWO DAYS IN A ROW AS I THROW UP IF I TRY. iF I TRY TO EAT APPLES OR FRESH FRUIT IT WHEIGHS HEAVY IN MY POUCH AND MAKES ME FEEL VERY UNCOMFORTABLE. I WON,T TRY BREAD AS I KNOW I WILL STRUGGLE WITH IT. I CAN EAT CHEESE AND CHEESE TRIANGLES AND MASH AS LONG AS THERE IS PLENTY OF GRAVY. i FEEL A LITTLE BIT DOWN AT THE MOMENT AS I AM REALLY STRUGGLING WITH MY PROTEIN LEVELS EVEN WITH A TEX RX PROTEIN DRINK EVERY DAY. i AM NOT A BIG LOVER OF FISH NEVER HAVE BEEN DON.T MIND FISH FINGERS. I THINK HAVING TO HAVE THAT ENDERSCOPY THINGY HAS NOT HELPED CAN ANYBODY ADVISE OR CHEER ME UP DO FEEL SORRY FOR MYSELF TODAY DON,T MEAN TO BE A MISERY JUST FEELING A BIT ON MY OWN TODAY. JANEY:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

p.s TRY TO EAT 3 TO 4 VERY SMALL MEALS A DAY. i AM NOW 10 WEEKS POST BYPASS

Oh Janey your never on your own, I am still pre, but sympathise with the way you are feeling, and I can understand you being a bit wary after having to have the endoscopic treatment before.
Have you tried a cheese omelette or scrambled egg with cheese that should be easy to get down and would give you more protein.
Most of the protein is a bit heavy but could you maybe blend it for a bit till your stomach settles again, and are you able to have more than one protein drink a day...........maybe Nic PG could help with that
~ANyway hope you feel better soon and BIG hugs xx Jay xx

Hi hun, sorry that you're feeling alone. You are not alone, many people suffer when they try to transition onto solid food. What with all the trouble you have had recently, it is probably best if you go back a step and start the process over. Try something new each day and only one thing at a time. Make sure your bites are tiny (end of the pencil rubber size), make sure you chew 30 times before you swallow and make sure for now anything dense you make it moist (w/gravy or sauce). All those steps will help you get a wider selection of foods in. Avoid pasta, rice & bread for a bit just to let the swelling from your last procedure go down. In a couple of weeks you should be back on your way to normal, healthy eating.

Feel free to PM me if you want more suggestions hun.

HTH,
Nic;)

Also, you can have more than one protein drink per day if you like. With all the different products out there (protein shots, ready-to-drink, protein powder) you could have a variety. Protein supplements will also help speed your healing. I add protein powder to my coffee, make ice lollies out of protein shots and add protein powder to angel delight type custard. You can be creative and get lots of protein in different forms.

Nic;)

Janey - you are doing really well and it is understandable to be slight weary after what you have been through.

I agree with fairy some nice scrambled egg or omelette sounds lovely what about baked beans? you could mash them with potato or just have them by themselves or with grated cheese.

I am sure when the post-op's get on here and read your thread then they will be able to give you more ideas. What about looking on the internet for a cook book for banders and bypassers that may help you get more protein in.

Sending you hugs with fairy dust to help you feel better soon x

I know this isnt any consolation hun but I went through exactly the same, I've been amazed and what some folks have said on here as to what there eating so soon after the op. I also had to live on thing's like nut's, cheese, cheese spread and milk as nothing else would stay down.

10 weeks post op and the re-plumbing is still relatively new. Go for foods that can be mashed into cream/slurry with gravy, sauces etc. I have baked beans mashed up with cheese in them etc. A current fave is a small banana with Yeo Vale Vanilla fat free yoghurt. Yummy.

OK HERE WE GO I HAVE BEEN READING SOME OF YOUR ENTRIES ON WHAT YOU CAN EAT AFTER A BYPASS. AM I DOING SOMETHING WRONG AS I CANNOT EAT THE THINGS OTHER PEOPLE SAY THEY CAN. i CANNOT EAT MEAT TWO DAYS IN A ROW AS I THROW UP IF I TRY. iF I TRY TO EAT APPLES OR FRESH FRUIT IT WHEIGHS HEAVY IN MY POUCH AND MAKES ME FEEL VERY UNCOMFORTABLE. I WON,T TRY BREAD AS I KNOW I WILL STRUGGLE WITH IT. I CAN EAT CHEESE AND CHEESE TRIANGLES AND MASH AS LONG AS THERE IS PLENTY OF GRAVY. i FEEL A LITTLE BIT DOWN AT THE MOMENT AS I AM REALLY STRUGGLING WITH MY PROTEIN LEVELS EVEN WITH A TEX RX PROTEIN DRINK EVERY DAY. i AM NOT A BIG LOVER OF FISH NEVER HAVE BEEN DON.T MIND FISH FINGERS. I THINK HAVING TO HAVE THAT ENDERSCOPY THINGY HAS NOT HELPED CAN ANYBODY ADVISE OR CHEER ME UP DO FEEL SORRY FOR MYSELF TODAY DON,T MEAN TO BE A MISERY JUST FEELING A BIT ON MY OWN TODAY. JANEY:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

p.s TRY TO EAT 3 TO 4 VERY SMALL MEALS A DAY. i AM NOW 10 WEEKS POST BYPASS
hi hun dont worry it gets a lot better but it takes time it took me 4 months to be able to keep meat down,i found chicken and turkey the best to stay down,im now 9 month post bypass and never felt better if you need any more help please ask im happy to help.Sarah x x x

hi hun dont worry it gets a lot better but it takes time it took me 4 months to be able to keep meat down,i found chicken and turkey the best to stay down,im now 9 month post bypass and never felt better if you need any more help please ask im happy to help.Sarah x x x

Just noticed your weight loss Sarah, WELL DONE !!! :happy096:

A BIG THANKYOU

Just to say a big thankyou to everyone for being so understanding and for all the advice. After another sicky day to day after trying meat dinner time i have decided not to try meat again for a while. I have however eaten a fish finger for tea with the yolk of an egg low fat salad cream and a little bit of beetroot and that has gone down a treat. So its fish for me from now on has anybody got any sauce recipes for haddock or cod (not parsley) that i could use. Sorry i sound abit thick but i was never a fish eater before the bypass but now i know i have to change. Any help would be much appreciated. luv an avid minimin reader janey :wave_cry::wave_cry::wave_cry:

Ps I have now lost 77lbs whoopee

There are sauce recipes in the recipe section :)

Back