• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Food question for bypasses

topsy

Still on my post-op liquid diet and will move on to sloppies/puree's in about a week and a half. So i have been reading through the recipes for this part and i do fancy the prawn pate/tuna pate especially for it's protein content. Looking forward to cheesy mash with gravy etc. but my question is i have noticed that some bypasses have eaten water biscuits/crackers/melba toast and i was wondering how the pouch copes with these foods? Is it because they have a high water content that we can cope with them?????

Would also be interested to know your favorite sloppy recipes - have been looking through SW/WW cook books to look for recipes that i can adapt.:)

Since I was allowed solids, Ive eaten waterbiscuits, ryvita, cream crackers and several types of bread - honestly I think its an individual thing. Some can tolerate things and others cant but if you cant then have a go about a month later and you probably will be able to. No crackers until sloppies are over though.

I fell in love with tuna mayonnaise (low fat mayo) and mashed potato, inside of a baked potato with melted low fat cheese or baked beans, mince with potato.

Still on my post-op liquid diet and will move on to sloppies/puree's in about a week and a half. So i have been reading through the recipes for this part and i do fancy the prawn pate/tuna pate especially for it's protein content. Looking forward to cheesy mash with gravy etc. but my question is i have noticed that some bypasses have eaten water biscuits/crackers/melba toast and i was wondering how the pouch copes with these foods? Is it because they have a high water content that we can cope with them?????

Would also be interested to know your favorite sloppy recipes - have been looking through SW/WW cook books to look for recipes that i can adapt.:)

I'd suggest waiting till sloppies before moving onto water biscuits etc, the reason your pouch will tollerate something that seems to start off as a hard substance is because you chew it to a soft mush in your mouth and as its passed down turns sloppy, unless your intending to swallow them whole that is, then you might have a problem lol ;)

No i know that it's just whilst reading through daily menus etc i had no idea that later on you would be able to tolerate such things it just never occurred to me and i just wondered why we could tolerate something so dry that was all

Back