• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What does restriction/ sweet spot feel like

Oasiscalm

I know this may sound like a silly question, but I would interested to know what other banders define as restriction or the sweet spot.

I currently have 4ml in my band and I'm having trouble knowing when to stop eating and what cues from my body to look for.

It appears that starchy food have an immediate effect of pain or discomfort. However if I eat protein meals, for instance I have just eaten three chicken wings and half a chicken thigh (as a meal, not a snack) and I would say I am satisfied with no discomfort.

I find that sometimes I can eat a lot in one sitting and then an hour later it will start hurting.

So I'm unsure when one talks of restriction do they mean the amount they can eat at one sitting before the stomach says no more, or do they mean the amount of food they can eat before they are satisfied.

Bump

So I'm unsure when one talks of restriction do they mean the amount they can eat at one sitting before the stomach says no more, or do they mean the amount of food they can eat before they are satisfied.

You shouldn't be eating to the point where the stomach says "no more", it is about limiting the portion size so that you don't get to a feeling of being too or over full, you shouldn't be eating until you are "stuffed" or full, but eating to a point of no longer feeling hungry. This is why they say to eat for 20 mins only, but giving yourself time to chew then rest as it can take 20 mins for the brain to register those feelings of hunger have passed.

If you have problems with some foods going down, you do have restriction there, if you are then eating and suffering pain from it, you're eating too much.

If you're missing the cue's from your body, slow down your eating, a mouthful, chew for 30 seconds, wait for 30 seconds and only eat for 20 mins.

I have restriction when it comes to certain foods but if you find a food that causes discomfort, avoid it. but I don't yet have a level of restriction which takes the hunger away particularly and if I wanted to, I could eat a fairly substantial meal then still eat. However, stretching the pouch, causing damage to the band? Its not worth it.

Back