• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Old Bandster Lost The Way....Help Needed

Yummum2b

Hello,

I'm new to this site but not new to the band. I was banded in Jan 07 and lost quite a bit of weight through not being able to eat basically. I've had to have my band losend as I was suffering from heart burn (xray has shown all is well thankfully!) but now I have to learn to use my band as a tool rather than a punishment device. I found keeping a yog down hard when I was at my tightest hence the weight loss but now that I am able to "eat" again I need some help as I am at a loss as to what to eat. I've started grazing/drink with food etc. Can anyone help me get back on track please? Do you manage with only 3 meals/no rubbish food etc. Does anyone know of a book with plans to follow? Foods that are better to eat/more filling etc. I need some structure. I've been messing about now for far too long and want to get the last extra 3 stone I am carrying off once and for all!!!!

Thank you in advance,
Lindsay

hi there and welcome to mini's.

Im a bypasser but didnt want to read n run, hopefully some banders will be along soon and can possibly help.

Good luck getting back on track :D
Your wieght loss is brilliant so fingers crossed for your final push of 3st

Last edited:
hi and welcome for what others are eating have a read of the daily menu thread alot of people right on there and it gives some great idea's def try to stop the eating drinking things tho, im an evening grazer so i have a set snack for evening usually a few ritz crackers with low creme cheese and have that as late as poss, i also find if im going to have something sweet or"naughty" i try and have as something i no doesnt go thru my band easily so i can only manage a few mouthfulls rather than slider treats, i know alot of others dont snack like this but it works for me as im going to be living eating this way now forever so i dont ever feel deprived of things i want hope that helps a little im sure you will get some fab advice on here , there some vrey experienced banders who give bloody good advice on here they have helped me achieve what i have xxx

hi lyndsay, im a bander of over 4 years, ive had 2 bands so far in my journey but thats another story, as you have said you seem to know the banding rules from experience no grazing and no drinking with meals as it defeats the object of the band being there in the 1st place, so try to stop these habbits first, also eat denser dryer foods which will fill you up quicker from less food, jacket potato is a good meal as the toppings can vary, try a few riveatas with chesse ect as these fill you off very little, try not to eat slider foods as this will allow you to eat a bigger portion and slips through to easily. its all about getting yourself in a set routine of 3 meals a day & no snacking.

liz x

hi, wlcome to minis. well done on your weightloss to date.

i'm very new to my band so not a great one to give advice.

read the daily menu's section, i'm sure it will give you loads of ideas, i also eat high protein/low carbs. lots of meat/fish/eggs. this helps keep me full. i eat 3 meals a day a snack perhaps 3 times a week. and never drink within a half hour either side of eating.
i feel like i am never depriving myself, the things i dont eat now that i used to i really dont miss, although of course its only early days for me i feel like my tastes have changed so has my obsession with food.

very best of luck, and stay with us on minis, you'll get great suport from experienced banders xx

Hi, I had a band but now a bypasser (long story), I found with my band when i went off track, if i went back to basics, small quantities of sloppies but under very tight quantity control only 3 'meals' a day. If i did that just for a few days or a week I then felt I could build from that and I'd feel better in myself and that made it easier to continue. Good luck in however you manage to get back on track.xx

Hi , I was stagnant with mine for ages as well, I calorie count and do more exercise and it's just easier using the band as a helper for that for me personally. I probably would have been "better off" with a bypass but I could not afford it and nhs was not helping me at all so I went for what I could.
I just clicked one day and started writing down my foods and jumping on the treadmill and prancing about to exercise dvds daily a couple months ago and now it's shifting again.
I try and pick up ideas from the recipes section, upping protein and moving a lot more than I originally thought as enough exercise and it's definately speeding up again.
Brainwashing myself with biggest loser (lol) and being a regular visitor to minis helps too. Why don't you start a diary and blog on here? It's very encouraging x

Good Luck with your new start,just had mine fitted on the 3 weeks of fluids, try to join the support group of your provider and follow the 10 rules of the band.( Healthier Weight)
1. Eat Slowly
2. Eat three meals a day
3.Avoid calorie rich drinks and soft foods
4.Dont snack between meals
5.Seperate eating from drinking
6.Focus on nutritious foods
7.Be physically active
8.Keep records
9. Practice environmental control
10.Stay in touch

hope its not to patronising i know how hard it can be for the long haul but just saying it on here gets you back into the weight loss arena.
Mia

Back