• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

old behaviour/new behaviour

Hi guys

I havent been on here for a while and I just wanted to pop on and say hi. I have now lost 12 stone and doing great mostly but with the odd hiccup.

I have just come back from holiday (with my new man!)and it certainly was an interesting experience.

We went to Tunisia and stayed in a five star hotel which was lovely. We went half board. It was my first holiday since the surgery and there was various changes to my last holiday. For a starters I was able to use the seat belt and not my seat belt extension. ( mega whipee!) I dont ever recall being able to do that before. Secondly I was able to have a romantic walk along the beach whereas in the past I could not walk in sand as it was too difficult ( I am sure some of you know what I mean). I also did loads of walking and really enjoyed myself as well as having a little paddle in the pool and the sea.

However a little bit of the old behaviour come back when it came to choosing my food at the buffet. I wanted everything. I was pretty good and only put protein and salad etc on my plate but put loads and loads of different things on there and obviously I couldnt eat it but I still tried everything. Also one day we went for lunch and they offered french bread before the main course and I had a little bit. Nothing wrong with that but because I got away with it I did it again the following day and of course it got stuck and it was all very embarrssing.

It is 10 months since my surgery and I thought that I had it all sorted but I guess the food/head stuff is still there and it probably always will.

Sorry for such a long post.

Old habits die hard. I'm going through a phase where I like crisps.

You've done so very well and you are recognising faults. That's the main thing. If you were continuing obliviously then that would be bad

I know exactly what you mean. My food choices just now practically contain no protein and I need to get out of this rut. I'm swithering about doing the 5 day pouch test to get back to basics. Anyway enough about me, just take each day as it comes and try and make better choices. At least now you recognise where you are going wrong.

x

Wow brilliant weightloss. I guess the brain will always lag behind and its up to us to try and retrain it :D XX

Hello EB and welcome back :) I've been wondering how you are doing! Fantastic weight loss :)

Now for the interesting bit. Is this 'new man' the one you had the date with that you posted on about here? The one where you threw up? Do tell.... it's been such a long time :)

Hello EB and welcome back :) I've been wondering how you are doing! Fantastic weight loss :)

Now for the interesting bit. Is this 'new man' the one you had the date with that you posted on about here? The one where you threw up? Do tell.... it's been such a long time :)

Hi there,

thanks for your comments. The new man is not the same man I threw up in front of but he has been around for three months and it is all going very well. He is taking a great interest in my op and me in general so I have high hopes for the future. Lets just hope I dont mess this one up...... Will keep you posted

Hiya

well done with the weight loss and the new fella. I hope all goes well for you. Yeah old habbits do poke their heads up now and again for me too. I suppose after years or a life time of bad habits its hard to get rid of totally.

Keep up the good work

All the best

Jo
xx

I want to thank you for your post as it's made me feel a bit better about myself. I'm 10 months post op (diff op though) and I'm slipping back into old habits and wanting all the food I see and trying to actually eat it (never able to do it though).

Back