• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Dawndee2002

Hi, my name is Dawn. I am 26 years old. I am married to a wonderful military guy who loves me for how I am and everything but I am not happy with how I look. Two years ago I was planning on getting the lap band done, I went through the whole pathway process until the week before my appointment to meet my surgeon and I chickened out because I would have been one of the first to be getting the lap band done in the hospital. So I gave up and tried to the weight on my way but that didn't happen until my husband deployed and I moved back in with my parents. I started getting really stressed out with living with my parent and my husband was gone so I started to workout 3 hours a day and I lost 30 pounds the year my husband was gone and then I just stop losing weight all together. I never gained the weight back I have maintained my weight other then going up and down 5 Pounds here and there. 3 months ago I started having pains and feeling sick so I went to my doctor and found out that my gall bladder is full of gall stones and my body was trying to pass them and that is why I was in pain. S my doc wanted me to get my gall bladder taken out and sent me to the surgeons (and if you know military hospitals they take forever for you to get in to any speciality clinics) well got I shocked that I got in the following week. I was talking to the surgeon he wanted to take my gall bladder out but he noticed that I once have gone through the gastric pathway and was wondering if I was planning to restart the pathway to go through the surgery ( the funny thing is that a month before I sat down with my doctor about starting the pathway again) so of course I told him. Well he said that he was one of the few that do the surgery and talk to me about all the surgeries and I told him that I was thinking about going to sleeve and he thought that was a really good choice. So the only problem in me wanting to get the sleeve done was that I had to sit with my gall bladder pain for 3 months and I wasn't really happy about that. But I am sitting here today waiting for my surgery that is next Jan 11th and I am so happy that I waited because I rather be cut once rather then twice. The only think is that I haven't told anyone about the surgery other then my husband and so really close friends. I haven't told any family about my sleeve surgery because I really don't think they will again with the idea of it and I really don't wan to hear what they think but they do know about me getting my gall bladder taken out so I don't feel so bad that they don't know what is going on because they know half of what is going on. They only think I am nerves about is that in June when I see my family how am I going to explain to them how I lost the weight.

Thanks for reading and I am looking forward to getting to some of you and learning from you all.

Try saying you have been on a diet? It won't be a lie. tell them you have taken up healthy eating and exercise and it is working for you since your gall baldder removal
Good luck with the op, thinking of you

hi and welcome hun i too have a hubby in the army where abouts are you based if you dont mind me asking im in wiltshire x

Hi and welcome to WLS, its your choice who you tell so its totally up to you what you decide to tell them :D Good Luck with your weightloss journey XX

Hi and welcome to the site.

It is up to you who you decide to tell about your surgery (I have only told close family of mine). As Daisy suggested you could say you were dieting and eating healthier foods as well as exercising if anyone asks you how you lost weight. None of this will be lies.

When I finally get my date, and lose weight, I think I am going to just say that I have changed the way I eat and leave it at that.

Good luck with your surgery next week.

Hi lovey welcome!

I will be interested in watching your journey, I have decided on the sleeve. I have lots of worries but suppose thats only natural. My husband is really trying to talk me out of it and thinks I should just exercise, he doesnt get it at all!!! bless him x x

Welcome, Hope all goes well on the 11th. Your friends and family have experienced you losing and keeping off weight in the past, so it should be easy for them to accept whatever you tell them. Especially if it is backed up with a healthy lifestyle.

Rebirthxx

Thanks for all the welcomes. I will keep post after my surgery on Tuesday.I am getting excited and nerves all at the time.

Welcome to the forum... :welcome: and wishing you all the very best in every way with your weightloss journey...

Sending a humungous hug and loads of love... Bev xxx

:grouphugg::grouphugg::grouphugg::happy096:

Out of hospital and doing great, just having a hard time with protien right now. I can't really stand the taste of any protein.

Welcome to the forum. Sorry I missed you before. Can you try to drink more milk and have low fat cheese grated into soup to boost your protein? Or try mixing protein powder into natural yoghurt, it's much nicer like that.

Oh, and welcome to the Losers' Bench too!

You may feel differently about telling your family about your surgery by the time you see them, but if not, you can just say you're following a healthier lifestyle.
Hugs
Grace xxx

Hi Hun
My hubby is in the airforce and they were really supportive when I had my surgery, giving him time off to look after me etc
Hope your doing well after your op, good luck with the next few weeks/ months it can be hard at times but god it's worth it!!!
;-)

Hi and welcome ! by now your op will be over with and i hope your feeling ok ! I am thinking of the same lines as you cos at the moment only my hubby and my daughter know what i am intending. I had my gallbladder removed in june so i am thinking i will say i am going back for some reason to do with that ! ( not sure if i will get any with it tho ! ) Both my sons are great but i'm sure once they are in the pub after a few they would spill the beans ! still after i have lost some weight i may not care what anyone else thinks ! i just dont need anyone trying to put me off beforehand ! take care Hilary x

Back