• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

OMG having TT next wk!

bluehail

OMG I'm so excited (and nervous), this time next week i'll be in theatre having a tummy tuck!

Got the call monday whilst i was out asking if i could make a short notice date
Was nearly sick in the shop i was so excited lol

I've got a few questions if anyone can help

will i wake up in some strange compression garment?
how long will i need to wear this roughly?

were you dissapointed with your tt?

How long was the recovery?
(when can i expect to drive,do housework, take kids to school,go xmas shopping! etc)

clothes wise will i be ok to take in loose fitting pjs, or am i better with nightys?

how long til i can bath?

Is there anything you would reccomend i buy, clothes,compression garments/pills/creams etc?

will ask them all at my pre assessment friday but thought i'd get the opinion of some people that have been there :)

TIA :)

hi bluehail

i'm afraid i can't answer your q's except what the surgeon told me yesterday.

I am booked in for 9th Dec so hoping you'll come back on after your op to educate me on what to expect etc

as i understand it we will wake up in compression garment and have to wear it for 6 weeks. the surgeon told me to do as little as possible for as long as possible post operation (and weirdly to spend more time standing up or lying down than sitting down as when we sit we will crease the skin). I said I had nothing planned for 10 days post op and he was very pleased with that (I don't have kids/live with anyone so have bought all 6 series of sex in the city and i'm going to veg out and take him at his word, will do xmas shopping before the op and as for house work i will gladly let the house go dusty around me) He said I should be driving after 10 days to 2 weeks but that it's very much play it by ear as it's all about whether you can emergency stop in order to be legal

I've heard that the tummy swells after the op so whatever you take make sure it's loose fitting.

I'm also very interested in your bath question - i did hear that you have to keep the dressing dry until it comes off (10/14 days)

Hope someone comes on whose experienced it who can answer all our q's

OMG I'm so excited (and nervous), this time next week i'll be in theatre having a tummy tuck!

Got the call monday whilst i was out asking if i could make a short notice date
Was nearly sick in the shop i was so excited lol

I've got a few questions if anyone can help

will i wake up in some strange compression garment?
how long will i need to wear this roughly?

were you dissapointed with your tt?

How long was the recovery?
(when can i expect to drive,do housework, take kids to school,go xmas shopping! etc)

clothes wise will i be ok to take in loose fitting pjs, or am i better with nightys?

how long til i can bath?

Is there anything you would reccomend i buy, clothes,compression garments/pills/creams etc?

will ask them all at my pre assessment friday but thought i'd get the opinion of some people that have been there :)

TIA :)

hi tia

i had a tummy tuck 18 months ago.

you will wake up in a corsett type thing with velcro at the front so the nurses can access the wound, on going home it will be changed to a body stocking which you will be told to wear approx 3-6 months depending on the type of t/t you have.

i wasnt dissapointed with my t/t my b4 & after pics are on this section if you would like to have a peek.

it took me 6 months to fully recover, no heavy lifting ect, but you can walk move about but you will get tired very easily, becareful with shopping trolleys as if some 1 knocks in to you it will hurt.

i was told to bring nighties, as its easier for going to the toilet and its easier for the nurses to change your dressings.

i was on showers only for 3 months as the heat and the wound soaking in water can open up the wound.

loose joggers is good for over the body stocking and more comfy, no jeans for a few months.

i hope my answers help.

good luck with youp op.

liz x

Thanks for all the advice!
pics are in my album if anyone wants to see the just send me a frend request :)

wow what a difference - you must be so pleased

Just a quick update really, im 8wks post op today and feeling great
stomachs still very numb/weird feeling but im back to normal health wise and almost there fitness wise

Went to body combat monday and apart from a few twinges i was fine and even managed the press ups and ab exercises!
I was feeling so good that tuesday morning i went street dancing lol

Only going to do the two classes a wk for another few wks and will start adding the rest (another 3 sessions body combat a wk) in gradually

Just off to do 30mins on treadmill now then 30mins on cross trainer while kids eat dinner and then gonna take it easy and listen to my body (dont want to do to much at once )

scars looking ok , i did use bio oil a few times but tbh i cant be arsed and im more than happy to live with this scar over the skin/scar i had before the op

skin is drooping a little in the middle not sure why? and my scar looks very wonky and ive got dog ears, so will spk to my surgeon about that when i see him which isnt til end march!
overall im happy, I can live with all of that over the excess skin i had and i was never expecting perfection just something i can live with, which is what ive got :)

Bluehail....did you go private or was it NHS? Glad you are happy with the results, you have done amazingly well losing all that weight.

Bluehail....did you go private or was it NHS? Glad you are happy with the results, you have done amazingly well losing all that weight.

Thankyou and the TT was NHS

Sounds like you're recovering really well hun. Well done! I don't know if you've read my thread lately but I spoke to my PS about my two 'dog-ear' bits at either end of the scar. He said he can sort them out for me under local anaesthetic. Maybe yours will do the same.

You have done so well chick! Was just looking back through your photos again and the transformation is amazing! You must be over the moon.

Stay in touch.
x

Glad to hear that things are going well for you after the op, you must be real pleased :) its so good to hear that people are getting back into execise so quick after the op, fab stuff xx

Sounds like you're recovering really well hun. Well done! I don't know if you've read my thread lately but I spoke to my PS about my two 'dog-ear' bits at either end of the scar. He said he can sort them out for me under local anaesthetic. Maybe yours will do the same.

You have done so well chick! Was just looking back through your photos again and the transformation is amazing! You must be over the moon.

Stay in touch.
x

When he did the TT he said he'd refer me back once i was recovered to get the back lifted so im hoping the dog ears will be done at the same time

How is it going post TT are you healing well?

Yes im all healed up
I saw my surgeon last mth and he said my scar was the best he'd ever seen and has put me on the waiting list to have a back/bum lift to correct the loose skin at the back of my body
The waiting list was up to 12wks long and I'm 4 wks in, i put myself forward for last minute cancellations again so fingers crossed it won't be long now

got my date for my back and it's only 2 wks away yay can't wait!
am excited but nervous and not looking forward to the drains!

pre op assessment this wk, op next wk
woohoo

Back