• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

OMG op next friday

tinkywinky

SOOO HAPPY to be a loser!
Hi everyone
started pre op diet after a couple of weeks of cutting down. Not going too bad at all. enjoying slimfasts milkshakes. anyway just looked at calander and its dawned on me this time next week will be night before op. OMG it feels so strange. I read info and looked into band and happy to be going ahead, but i have suddenly realised that i have no idea how im going to feel. i cant explain.... ive read the info and your stories so expecting wind pain etc and know about liqs then mushy as per hospital instructions, but that just seems like black and white, not how i will feel.
Sorry prob not making sense!!!!!!!
its like im involved but its not happening to me. BUt im sooo glad it is.

Dont worry we all go through that stage. Just read all you can on it and keep informed. I felt on top of the world after my op. I was walking up and down the corridor the next day. we are talking 15 hours after the operation. Don't worry everyone on here is so supportive and they will get you through. lv r x

Tinkywinky, I can understand your mixed emotions - it's a roller-coaster ride all the way through. And I havn't even had my pre-op assessment yet! I hope the next few days pass really quickly for you. Good luck with your op and don't forget to post to let us know how you get on. Big hug, Zxx

hi tinky, i had my bypass 3wks ago, was sooooo scared but once i was in hospital i felt fine, even the morning of the op i was so calm i couldnt believe it in a strange way i was even looking forward to it!! think it was because i was so glad my day had finally arrived and i just wanted it over and done with!

lisa xxx

thanks for all your support

You will be fine Tinky and in 2 wks from now you will be a fully paid member of the losers bench - hope you have a smooth op and good recovery x

just in case I miss you before next Friday....all the best...and you will be fine...keep us informed...

best wishes

~hugs~

To be honest I was so desparate to finish the milk diet I only really started panicking when I had the "oxygen" mask put on in the theatre -I kept on trying to tell tha anaesthatist that it definitely had entonox in it- then I woke up barfing in recovery.

Best of luck to you ! x

Back