• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

OMG thats disgusting! (what am i like?)

julia in bath

i'm still a 'fat person' and i'd like to say i never judge. but since the op i look at people eating junk and think OMG thats disgusting, how can you eat that? lol what am i like? think it shows just how far i have come in the way i view food and junk foods. long may it continue!

I think similar things so you're not unusual.

Although I am still a big person, I don't class myself as a big person.

The worst bit is when I am at the supermarket and I pay attention to different people and what they are putting in their trolleys. Yes, I am hypocritical but I feel sorry for them not disgust!

The way you feel now may change, your still in the "honey moon" stage of weight loss, your motivation is strong and for now its easy to resist those bad foods, give it a year are you'll be craving different things and your resolve will not be so strong.

after 4 years i still crave junk food that will never leave me, will power has to be very strong not to give in to temptation x

see, i can honestly say that i dont want to eat takeaways/crisps etc. i have had half a bar of choc on three occasions and i feel that is a normal treat. as i said i hope i continue to feel this way. Also i don't think that people eating junk food are disgusting, it's the food itself.

i have to resist the urge to go over to big people and say you know life doesnt have to be like this you know.

yes i feel the same, i see big people and feel sorry for them, and want to say, why dont you go for surgery but it would be so rude to do that, bet i'd get told where to go lol

I use to be the same when I give up smoking 20 odd years ago But a few years ago I had 2 cancer scares and started smoking again . Thankfully I`m off them again .

I am the same with smokers. I gave up nearly 30 years ago and I am still VERY anti smoking. I just get a whiff of smoke and I seem to turn into a werewolf. I hope that I won't be the same with burger-munchers...:D

It's strange i feel very guilty i look at my OH who as some of you know is 6ft 5" and 27 stone and i feel myself saying don't eat that much or don't eat that junk but then i remember i could'nt do it pre op either but i find myself worrying about him more now i feel terrible x

I am the same with smokers. I gave up nearly 30 years ago and I am still VERY anti smoking. I just get a whiff of smoke and I seem to turn into a werewolf. I hope that I won't be the same with burger-munchers...:D

hahaha, lmao. i'm still a smoker and want to tackle that once i get to goal weight. one thing at atime eh? just hope i don't bump into you in the mean time!

It's strange i feel very guilty i look at my OH who as some of you know is 6ft 5" and 27 stone and i feel myself saying don't eat that much or don't eat that junk but then i remember i could'nt do it pre op either but i find myself worrying about him more now i feel terrible x

i can understand that hun. my OH is not over weight but he used to tell me not to eat so much pre op and i really resented it, now i feel smug when he gets the evening munchies out and i dont eat any of it lol

Oooops... I think that is what you call a faux pas...;)

no, not a problem, it's a terrible habit and one thats very hard to kick, good on you for managing it, just try to remember how hard it is to resist temptation and perhaps your empathy will shine through! lol

julia im nearly thro week 2 of quitting giz a fagg hun im gagging lol :eek:

As a fat person who has been silently judged (probably or its my paranoia again) for the last 20 odd years i try hard not to judge people for what they eat, what colour their skin, their sexual preference etc. I think people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

But one thing that really gets my goat is pregnant women who smoke! As a fat person shovelling in another jam doughnut that's my choice and it could kill me, however an unborn child has no choice when he/she is smoking 20 fags a day.....

Addiction is a terrible thing isn't it?

I found giving up smoking harder than having to give up the food. So far I don't crave any food, but I certainly still crave the ciggy's.

Its been twelve months now since both hubbie and I stopped and whilst I do now find the sight of lots of cigarette butts outside pubs and shopping centres and the smell of stale smoke disgusting, I don't mind anybody smoking around me.

Hubbie on the other hand has turned into a right grinch, in fact the grandkids have christened him Grandad Grinch because of it. He's horrible to anyone that even so much as pulls a fag packet out.

I wish they hadn't stopped it in pubs too because now I don't enjoy visiting the local because all I can smell is stake beer and B.O which to me is worse. :eek:

Back